PDA

View Full Version : Hog hunter

NEGA HOGHUNTER
12-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Looking for a club with lots of Hogs. I want a place to catch hogs after deer season. upstate or low country does not matter if you have the hogs to make it worth while.

sandhill
12-14-2010, 10:46 PM
I had easily over 15 on my camera just at one stand within the last few weeks, I shot 6 so far sittin in the stand... one of the other members shot a few more of them last weekend while he was trying to catch his dogs near my corn...

we have 6000 acres but it seems most of them are located on the bottom end of our club... around my stand area...

if you come take a look you'd think there's been a herd of them tearing this place up for years! ate up with hog paths, worn down areas like I've never seen anywhere before... but lots of briars to deal with too

I'm keepin the corn to them to keep them in that area, I need to deal with them after deer season... let me know if u come to this area and want to see if it'd be worth your time, I'd love to see those cur dogs in action!

we're on 17A on the edisto river right outside of cottageville as you're heading to summerville sc

NEGA HOGHUNTER
12-16-2010, 06:45 AM
I had easily over 15 on my camera just at one stand within the last few weeks, I shot 6 so far sittin in the stand... one of the other members shot a few more of them last weekend while he was trying to catch his dogs near my corn...

we have 6000 acres but it seems most of them are located on the bottom end of our club... around my stand area...

if you come take a look you'd think there's been a herd of them tearing this place up for years! ate up with hog paths, worn down areas like I've never seen anywhere before... but lots of briars to deal with too

I'm keepin the corn to them to keep them in that area, I need to deal with them after deer season... let me know if u come to this area and want to see if it'd be worth your time, I'd love to see those cur dogs in action!

we're on 17A on the edisto river right outside of cottageville as you're heading to summerville sc sounds good to me . let me know what weekend is good for you . sent you a p/m.

NEGA HOGHUNTER
12-26-2010, 02:11 PM
is there any clubs that need a member to hog hunt in the off season either to remove the hogs or help with management practices by catching and casterating boars:cool:

NEGA HOGHUNTER
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
btt

sackett
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I have access to about 850-900 acres at two places one track is 750ish the other 120ish acres in the Troy,SC area. We are just now getting hogs in here, but would like to "attempt" to keep them under control.ha.ha I know..I forgot to say that I'm surrounded by 100's of acres of National Forest that hogs can always be found at if none are rounded up here...I'm retired and open to hunt anytime, Starting to get into it some what...Got a beautiful pit,that my wife made big ole pet and I can never take to the woods,LOL Got a 14 month old catahoula bitch that I plan to bred with my pit. Don't know if my catahoula would make dog or not kinda skittish and shy actin, but she ain't never been huntin. any one interested in huntin this area just let me know

Tyler82
01-22-2011, 03:05 PM

we're on 17A on the edisto river right outside of cottageville as you're heading to summerville sc

I don't have any dogs but I'd love to be able to come out and get some hogs.
Since it is private land, can you kill them any season?
They are most likely active at night...