Meadows EdgeAdvantage Driving Services LLC

Thread: Squirrel Dog

Default Squirrel Dog

I am looking for a well started squirrel dog. Would prefer a feist but I am open to other breeds. Would maybe be interested in a puppy out of proven stock if anyone can help that way. Thanks and GOD BLESS

Grand American in Orangeburg. The first week in January. They usually have more than you can count

Thanks Big Joe, Yeah I used to coon hunt in my younger days and would be there every Jan. and you are right there will be a pile of them there.

Are you guys saying that the Coon Hunting event is a good place to try to buy a good squirrel dog?

I am not going to say its the place to buy a GOOD squirrel dog. That event has 1000's of dogs for sale from coon dogs to deer dogs to rabbit dogs to squirrel dogs to hog dogs to any kind of darn dog you want.

Check with Marty Myers from Conway, S.C.
    Sorry, I don't have his number.
    Rip-Roarin' Redbones
    Barry and Janet Morris

When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money--/Cree Prophecy

i'd be careful bying a dog at the grand american
    RUGER on the DNR Forums

Why is that? Say more.

there will be plenty of people there selling culls as started and finished dogs. I wouldn't by a dog from a stranger unless it's under the tree. This time of the year there will also be people unloading dogs that haven't or will not make it as a tree dog.
    RUGER on the DNR Forums

Got it. Makes perfect sense.

If you do go there to buy a dog, look for James Parnell or Tony Dubose. They will shoot you straight. They deal mostly with Carolina Curs. I am a little partial to them since I have 2 of them right now. Hope this helps.

i just got my first carolina cur out of parnells dogs, and i am very pleased he is only 7 months old and is already running and treeing like my old dog. the carolina curs have alot of hunt in them one of the best iv ever hunted... he only has a few pups left so if you want one you may want to call and get him to hold one for you.

Smile Squirrel dogs

Jason,
    I sent you my contact number (843-812-7502) on my thread. I guess it did not go through. I would love to speak with about my squirrel dogs. I'm sorry that you did not get my message. Please send me your phone number, I'll be glad to call you.

Thank you,

David