Camera Land, IncCamera Land, Inc

Thread: Looking for hunting/ club in aiken county for 2012

Default Looking for hunting/ club in aiken county for 2012

I'm looking for a hunting club in Aiken county. I'm new to the area. I'm a biology professor at Aiken Technical College and I like to think I'm a honest guy and an ethical hunter. I'm looking for a club to hunt deer, hogs, turkey and some water for fishing and ducks would be a plus. I'm willing to pay dues as much as 2000 a yr for the right place.
    Dr. Brian Logan

You don't need a Club..

You need a Plantation.

There is one in the Aiken area and that is about their starting price.
    Todays Youth - Tomorrows Hunters

Forgive me if I'm wrong. I think the one SP is referring to may be Cowden Plantation. I believe it's on the southern end of SRS but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by geeter View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong. I think the one SP is referring to may be Cowden Plantation. I believe it's on the southern end of SRS but I'm not sure.
    Thats the one . . .

Thanks for the reply SP and geeter!

Yeah I looked at Cowden. That's a nice place. They start at 4000. 2k is the most I could spend and of course I'd rather spend less than that. Have any of you guys ever heard of Field and Swamp Hunt Club. They had a ad on SCHunting club .com but I can't found out anything about them. I think they're down around Cowden too.

There is a club just out of wagner. Guinyard hunting club. I grew up in that hunting club and once I was of age I joined as a member. I really hated that I could not join back this season due to some money and time issues. Its a good group of older guys and they have the deer. last I heard they still had close to 4500 acr. There are plenty of club stands(four leggers/big enough for two) or you could climb. I really miss hunting down there cause it was nothing for me to see deer just about everytime I sat. They have a club house on the edisto river and some flooded timber with a good number of ducks. The hogs have just started moving in there in the past two years...which it wont be long and they will have a good number of them. They also have a good flock of turkey's on the property. Not that much into turkey's so cant really say. Not sure how true it is but I heard that the dues went up to 1400 this year. I know last year when I hunted down there they were 1200. They cook supper at the club every thursday night. The club house is off Hwy.4 right down from Cook's crossroad's.

Hope this hepls you out.
    "Cause a Country Boy is all i'll ever be..." (Aaron Lewis)

SCBaydog ,

Not to tell my age but use to hunt next to Guinyard at CadleBridge Hunt Club beside them and they were some great guys back then also.

Might help him to send a P.M. with a phone number.

Thanks for the info SCBaydog! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm PM'n ya with my contact info.

[QUOTE=Southern Pines;102144]SCBaydog ,

Not to tell my age but use to hunt next to Guinyard at CadleBridge Hunt Club beside them and they were some great guys back then also.

Yeah my dad hunted down there for prob.15 or so years running dogs. He got out a few years back but I stayed in due to the facts. i knew the land pretty good and they went to only still hunting. I had a blast dog hunting down there. I can remember when I was young, showing up to the clubhouse and the yard would be slam packed with trucks. Those were the days of dog hunting for me. Really miss it. So you prob. know beagle, bud man, and all those old timers.....LOL not saying your an old timer or nothings. I know beagle very well and between him and my dad they are the ones who showed me the ways of the woods.

blogandc2300 ill shoot ya a PM with a contact that might can help ya. Also It may help to go eat on a thur. night at the club house.

SCBaydog,

Yes that was the good old days and to say I hunted back in ( 1975 ) with Mr. Bob Shepard and my father in-law was the treasurer.

Aiken still to this day has some of S.C.'s best hunting.

It 's good that others on here can help people find what they are looking for.

It 's good that others on here can help people find what they are looking for.
    You got that right Southern Pines. It's refreshing to see that there are still folks out there willing to help out a total stranger. Especially these days when most people seem to only look out for themselves. I'll share another observation I've made since I've gotten into hunting and also since joining this website. I've run into a lot of young, decent and respectful outdoorsmen recently . I'm talking about guys in there late teens and early 20's. I attribute that to being around older sportsman who show respect for the outdoors and each other. It's a testament to the sport of hunting and fishing. I teach college and I deal with students in that age group and alot of them, especially the young men, are extremely lazy and disrespectful.

SCBaydog, are you still a member at Keadle Bridge hunt club? I hunted there 2 yrs around 1995 and sure enjoyed it. Good people. Unfortunately I had a personal situation and had to drop out - would like to join back if they were to have an opening.

Quote Originally Posted by rmw001 View Post
    SCBaydog, are you still a member at Keadle Bridge hunt club? I hunted there 2 yrs around 1995 and sure enjoyed it. Good people. Unfortunately I had a personal situation and had to drop out - would like to join back if they were to have an opening.
    I never hunted at Keadle Bridge. I was at Guinyard. Which was right next to them. Sorry but I dont have any info about K.Bridge Hunting club.

Blogandc2300- Did you ever get in contact with Bluetick? If so hope he is helping you out. He's a pretty good "old timmer".LOL