Meadows EdgeMeadows Edge

Thread: Hunt club liability insurance??

Default Hunt club liability insurance??

Any ideas on how much liability insurance would cost for a real small club.... say no more than 200 acres with 3 members max?? I am aware of Davis-Garvin in Cola and have sent them an email requesting a quote, but may not hear back from then till next week. I also went to the Buckmasters website and they offer liability insurance. Going by their calculator it looks like it would be about $372 if I only listed one member. That would also include the landowner, but for each add'l member it would be $20 extra.

Any other places to look at getting quotes?? What are you guys paying roughly per acre??

Thats way too much for 200 acres. I'll find my policy, but Im sure we pay less than $372 for 1500 acres with multiple landowners.
    BTW, Ive always used Davis Garvin.

Go to qdma they offer insurance for less than this along with giving you a free membership

Quote Originally Posted by One1more View Post
    Go to qdma they offer insurance for less than this along with giving you a free membership
    Another one to look at along with QDMA is NWTF both are comparable yet differ a little but a whole lot better than Buckmasters.

We use QDMA for our Kentucky leases.

Quote Originally Posted by Antihunter View Post
    Another one to look at along with QDMA is NWTF both are comparable yet differ a little but a whole lot better than Buckmasters.

We use QDMA for our Kentucky leases.

Hey, thanks for the tip with NWTF. It looks like like getting it through Outdoor Underwriters it would cost $175 for 200 acres. I think that's pretty reasonable. I'm trying to get a lease on 200 acres across the street from where my parents live, so this might come in handy. Thanks again!

Don't hold me to it but I think it would cost about 165 dollars with Davis-Garvin That covers up to 500 acres from what I remember so if you added another tract of land it wouldn't cost you any more if your total acreage was 500 or less including the 200 you plan on getting good luck! I think you would have to add 26 dollars for each landowner.

Davis-Garvin is good and will help you out been and still using them for a very long time and very happy
    Perry Hudspeth

President of The Hickory Grove Sportsmen Hunt Club

803 - 230 - 6350

American Hunting Lease Association goes through Davis-Garbin and they quoted us $225 for 1250 acres. 0-499 is $175 I think. No memberships to buy (NWTF), no upsell (QDMA). We'll be going with AHLA. http://www.ahuntinglease.org/

Somone mentioned price per acre. I can't remember the number, but the base price will be the same up to a few hundred acres.