Camera Land, IncMeadows Edge

Thread: Big bucks in SC

Default Big bucks in SC

I am a taxidermist here in SC and am very fornunate to see some big bucks from all across the country. i thought i would share this one i did that was killed in jasper county, sc a couple years ago. If i remember correctly it netted 156 and was the 2nd largest typical in the state that year . Gives me hope everytime i go hunting. enjoy

[/IMG]

nice mount
    Brian T

Nice buck and good job!!!

Wow , it would be a honor just to see something like that owning the woods . Do you happen to know the age of this SC monster ?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    PSE EVO all black for 3-d hunting
    Spot hogg boss hogg
    QAD ld rest
    carbon force pro 200 arrows
    B-stinger stabilizer

PSE Dominator 3-D for 3-D,spots , and dots
    spot hogg hogfather single pin
    carbon force pro 100 arrows
    bodoodle rest
    b-stinger stabilizer

PSE staff shooter and 3-G archery staff shooter .

Beautiful buck and a great mount!

MERCY ! Southern Texas here in S.C. Gotta love it !

Very impressive deer and beautiful mount!

Huge!!!
    His divine power has given us everything that we need for a Godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

Thats what EVERY hunter dreams of!! Big "ol brow tines and long G2's and 3's, not to mention width!! What a buck!!
    "Heaven, and there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life"

Rev. 21:27

we could have more like this if 45 year old grown men wouldn't shoot little spike and 6 points

tomahawkchop, that's the only reason Georgia has a better collection of record-book bucks than SC...years of an antler restriction program. Their top typical has 15 more inches of antler than SC's best, and their top non-typical has 40 more inches than SC's best. There are more hunters, and yet, bigger bucks! Hmmm...wonder why?

Sorry for the frustrated rant that was completely off topic....that is an excellent mount and monster of a rack!

Huge deer and good looking mount.

Great Buck and a Great looking Mount. Our Good Friend and Longtime Forum Member Bp57 has killed a Awesome Big Buck that scored about the same thing that this buck scored. Any buck that scores 130+ from South Carolina is a Monster Buck. A 150+ buck from S.C. would be like winning the Lottery. Or a once in a lifetime Harvest.
    ONE IS ALONE IN A LAND SO VAST. THERE IS ONLY THE MOUNTAINS, THE WIND, AND THE EYES OF GOD.

my god that buck is huge!! and thats a awesome mount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GAMECOCK FANATIC

Great deer and great taxidermy work. Good looking ears.

That deer looks like it grossed well into the 160's.

Thanks for the replies . I believe this deer was 5 1/2 yrs old and i think it did gross 164 3/8 .

tomahawk didn't know you knew me ))

Heavybarrel was that buck harvested by Joey Webster?

yes it was .

Awesome, awesome deer there HB! Very nice mount as well.

DT,

Thanks for your kudo's. Believe me, in my eyes, when I killed mine in 2007, I felt like I had hit the lottery. I certainly didn't go into the woods with any ideas of what I would walk (uh, break my back dragging! LOL) out that crisp November day. I don't know how many on here have killed what I would call a deer of a lifetime in SC, but as you mentioned a 130 class deer should be a trophy in any hunters mind.

In 2004, I killed what I thought would be my biggest ever, a very nice 9 pt. To me, it was "my record book deer" and I still think of it as one of my finest moments. The official score to me doesn't corelate to how I felt when I walked up to that deer that windy November day. I waited a couple of years to have it scored because I didn't think that it would make it any more special for me. But after having all my friends recommend that I take it, I finally did. It was a disappointment in a way because since it was a 5 x 4, the deductions hurt it pretty good. It gross scored at 132 plus but missed the books by less than a point net at 124 plus. I thought that was my only chance to ever be that close.

But in 2006 when I saw a big public land buck more than once but didn't have chance at him. I thought I might have another chance. I finally did in 2007 on my first hunt when that same deer worked his way out of a bottom following a big doe after a very windy afternoon. I did finally take the buck of my dreams.

Like I said, I felt like to this day that I won the SC lottery and everytime I pass by him on the wall, I remember that feeling of taking not only my buck of a lifetime but also a public land buck of a lifetime. I've never taken him to the Dixie Deer Classic is Florence or the Palmetto in Col., but everytime those shows are held, somebody calls me or e-mails me about my photo being displayed by the SC Carolina Sandhills Wildlife Refuge. To me, that is an honor and a privelage to represent the refuge and have my deer posted by them.

The only thing that I hate are some of the comments about the fact that someone from NC killed that SC deer. Well the only thing that I have to say to that is that I lived in B'ville SC for 47 years and had to move to NC to keep my job of over 25 years while in SC. I hunted the swamps of SC for 23 years straight and the refuge for over 20 years straight before I killed that deer. So I feel like I paid my dues. I've now been hunting the refuge for 32 years in a row and never missing a single year's hunt, so I feel like this 10 Pt is my payback. I'm just saying.....!

And I hate that I put a wrinkle in this thread but when I have a chance, I don't hesitate to rethink and recall the events of that hunt. If anyone here criticizes me for feeling that way, just PM me when you get you a 150 class buck! You'll know what I mean! LOL

Bubba

No wrinkle in this thread at all Bubba . I posted this thread to share with fellow hunters how awesome an experience it was just to be able to work on a deer of this caliber from SC . I am glad it brought back memories of your buck of a lifetime . Public land buck at that .
    I have been fornunate to have been bowhunting whitetails for 35 years and have taken many trophy deer.( I believe any mature deer with a stick and string a trophy) My current buck of a lifetime is a 132" net 8 pt bowkill from here in SC . I shot him at 15 yds on halloween 4 years ago off a 5 acre island in the marsh. However i am still hunting for my next buck of a lifetime. like so many of us are . Here is a pic . kinda shows just what it takes make a monster of 150" .