Meadows EdgeUTS Web Solutions

Thread: do buck bombs really work?

Default do buck bombs really work?

i have a freind that swears bye buck bombs , but ive never had any luck, maby helps cover my smell, but he says the make deer come runnin to em,just curious if any1 else has had any luck drawin in bucks with these things, at 10 $ a pop i dont wanna be wasting money if a wick and tinks 69 bottle will do the same thing more times for cheaper

Buck bombs work but the tear up a lot of meat if they land to close. Come on man just hunt there are only so many deer in a can sold at wally world.

One of my hunting buddies swears by them. I picked up a can of Tink's 69 yesterday to try myself...
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

heyheyhey ima 4 pointer now ha ha

Had one go off in my backpack a few years back. The directions said you could release just a little at a time without worry. Don't you believe that for a second.

I aint gone swear by em but I have killed deer using them. I never use the whole can at once. I just hit it here and there along the way to my stand then spray some around when I get there. I make my own deer lure after I kill my first few deer. After that I use it. Just can't beat the real thing!

Looks like another gimmick to me but I know some guys that
    Swear by them

Hard to beat fresh set of tarsal glands

ive never had any luck with them ive tried the regular and the tink 69
    Brian T

I've bought two and can't say I killed a buck with either... Now 'Special Golden Estrous' has accounted for quite a few bucks for me as have 'Code Blue' and 'Black Widow - Hot-N-Ready'.

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    Had one go off in my backpack a few years back. The directions said you could release just a little at a time without worry. Don't you believe that for a second.
    LOL!! I feel your pain. I spilled a bottle of deer pee in my pack last year. The whole pack is now a buck bomb.

Special golden estrous is the real deal. I have lured in quite a few nice ones with that.

............Had friend to have the same thing happen to him except we on a hunt with no way to wash clothes......Everything he had was covered with "doe estrous"...This fellow stank I tell you.....lol.......WildLife Research makes some good scents......Hunters Gold also makes some good scent......Ive killed deer with both....
    "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears open unto their prayers: But the face of the Lord is against them that do evil"

1 Peter 3:12

LOL this fellow stank LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    LOL!! I feel your pain. I spilled a bottle of deer pee in my pack last year. The whole pack is now a buck bomb.

Special golden estrous is the real deal. I have lured in quite a few nice ones with that.
    Been there,and my fanny pack still has a whiff of Tinks.

looks like ima try the special golden estrus then, to many misshapps with the bomb going off , that would suck

Two years ago I killed my biggest (spread-wise) buck after throwing out a buck bomb. He came running down a drain with his nose in the air, and I was sitting on the ground against a pine tree which happened to be the trail he chose. Shot him at 4 yards, and he never saw me because he was too busy looking and sniffing for the doe that wasn't there. Unfortunately I've also had one go off in my bag. For me, I don't think you can beat the amount of scent distribution in the spray can. You can put just as much as a bottle of Tinks 69 or Golden Estrous but spread it over so much more ground! Just my opinion and preference, but definitely wish you luck whatever you choose man!

Never used buck bomb but sow in heat works in the spring by me

Funny story relating to Buck Bomb.....

My first year hunting (5 yrs ago) I'm hunting with a friend at his club. Sit the night before with no sightings. Decide to sit the same stand next morning. We get up plenty early but get caught up in telling lies and before you know it we are rushing to the club to beat day break. Light is starting to come up when I get out of the truck and make my hike in. I get to about 60 yrds from my stand walking down a trail and set off the Buck Bomb (whole can of Buck Bomb.) Dumb me being a new hunter I didn't think to walk down in front of my stand and see what may be down the way before doing so. I get down there to glance down the next trail before climbing in my stand and all I see is EARS. I drop down and try to take off the equipment that could last me for the next month of survival in the woods to get my rifle up and hear my very first deer blow. I look up in time to see a rocking chair going across the foodplot. I sat the rest of the day thinking how stupid I was without a sighting.

Here's the thing! I was suppose to hunt the next day prior to going back for my son's soccer game. The game time changed so I had to go back that night. I told my buddy be there before day break and don't call me at 10am tomorrow and tell me that you shot that deer. Almost 10 on the nose he calls. I thought he was joking but Monday morning came and I agreed that the antlers he had brought in to verify that this was "my deer" most certainly was.

I learned alot that day! Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth for Buck Bomb and youth soccer sports that have time changes. I may give Buck Bomb another try this year but with a little more thought and planning.

i don't know for sure that they work as the hype suggests! but kinda like Bad,i went to set the thing off and ended up spraying myself pretty bad!had a deke out and at around 4:30pm or so i could hear a deer down in the woods breaking limbs and such,some grunts and bleats and around 5:10pm i look up and see my biggest deer to to date,204lb 8 point standing out there eyeing my deke! but good Lord the couple of hours sitting in the box with the reek of doe pee was pretty rough! so be careful when setting 1 of them bombs off!
    "It don't make much sense
    That common sense
    Don't make no sense
    No more"....John Prine