Deer GroWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buckshot stands

Default Buckshot stands

For those interested Buckshot is back and making stands again in USA in Wilmington NC. They have somew newly designed and improved stands.

www.buckshotmfg.com

I have 3 of the old Buckshots. Great stands. I use them occasionally.
    Dave
    "If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"
    "I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf!"

They kinda look like summits now.

We are accepting 1000 PAID ORDERS for treestands for this years season. Once we receive all 1000 orders, which we believe will happen very quickly, we will begin production immediately. The treestands will begin shipping after 4 months, and will be shipped out in the order received

Doesn't look like production has begun from this statement.......
    "Heaven, and there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life"

Rev. 21:27

Quote Originally Posted by 280 Man View Post
    We are accepting 1000 PAID ORDERS for treestands for this years season. Once we receive all 1000 orders, which we believe will happen very quickly, we will begin production immediately. The treestands will begin shipping after 4 months, and will be shipped out in the order received

I didn't see that. I did see where they were built to order with your name etched on the stand. I know they are having trouble getting thing back in operation and have had several delays costing them several months. 4 Month turn around is not to good but the others that have tried to get the Buckshot or the knockoff are as bad or worse. Austin outdoors talks a good shows but they never have anything and can't even give you an estimated delivery time

These stands may be the "cats meow" to some, but for the majority, a potential 4 month wait on a deer stand is not going to cut it, especially when there's other stands that can be had with a simple drive to a sporting goods store or a few days wait if it's ordered through a catalog.....
    "Heaven, and there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life"

Looks like they are marketing directly to consumers which will not endear them to retailers. To a retailer a 4 month wait is not unusual say if you are buy 20 or 50 or
    100 stands for distribution or stock. You place your order for most equipment for next hunting season in late winter or early spring. That is if you expect to get it before next fall. Works for retaiers but not for consumers to well.

Quote Originally Posted by bcastin View Post
    They kinda look like summits now.
    I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LFD1005 View Post
    I thought the same thing.
    They do say that "Imitation is the highest form of flattery".......

Good looking stand,but the 4 month waiting would be a turn off for me too.
    "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage:be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed:for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

Austin's look more like the old buckshot than the new ones do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    God send death, watch it bleed, justified
    Manufactured lives born in hell

"World Painted Blood". SLAYER

Quote Originally Posted by 280 Man View Post

From the looks of it they are trying to get capitol to start production...I'm always kinda leery of that...

I really like these stands and wouldn't mind having one if I felt confident that I would ever see it. I've heard and seen to many stories over the last 5 yrs of money and stands not working out. I would love to buy the "show model" off of the guy at the show so I could assure I walked out of there with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    Austin's look more like the old buckshot than the new ones do.
    I own both brands of stands. Love the way both sit. I wish they still made the old magnum buckshots. I would buy one today. A coworker of mine now has 6 of the Austin outdoors climbers, ordered 2 last week and received them yesterday. He's had no problems getting them, but have heard of others never receiving theirs at all.
    RIP Dakota 2/1/13
    NBK

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I own both brands of stands. Love the way both sit. I wish they still made the old magnum buckshots. I would buy one today. A coworker of mine now has 6 of the Austin outdoors climbers, ordered 2 last week and received them yesterday. He's had no problems getting them, but have heard of others never receiving theirs at all.
    It took me 7months to get my Austin in 2008. I wound up trading it for a summit viper. I didn't like wearing a harness and facing the tree.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    God send death, watch it bleed, justified
    Manufactured lives born in hell

"World Painted Blood". SLAYER

I'm too stubborn to wear a harness while in the climbers facing the tree.tried it a few times and its annoying unless you add an extra tether section. Will wear one while in my climbers that face away from the tree.
    RIP Dakota 2/1/13
    NBK

I like my old model Equalizer better than the new ones. Other than the gearing mechanism everything else is welded on the older ones, not so on the new ones. They were doing well until they decided to move their production over seas. Whenever they done this they invested their capital with someone who was supposed to get them set up in a new facility, but he disappeared with their money. If I remember right it was supposed to be over a million dollars.

The lady that owns the company (Barbera) is a friend of mine and she remarried hete a couple years ago. She had trieskeepong the company going by herself and another lady since her first husband,the inventor of the original buckshot stand passed away. They renamed it the equalizer stand. They were making them in WILMINGTON NC and I told her new husband who was an investor about some needed changes to the stand as far as seat width and a bit larger foot platform. As woth most others they decided to manufacture overseas. They got taken advantage of and are now trying to raise capitol to kerp the prodict alive and going. Yes I they lost alot of money with this guy.and its sad it happened. Barbera is a good lady and sorry that tjat jappend to her.They have two different models and the one facong away from tree is a good stand and easy to adjust.
    DE OPRESSO LIBER

They had a good product and a good company (Buckshot). I knew about them being ripped off. Hate to see a company go down the tube like that. I hope they can climb out and get on solid footing. I have an original buckshot magnum and it has served me well for many years

For Clarification: Production of treestands went to Taiwan in 2004. In 2009, the supplier in Taiwan (who was also a shareholder in the company) took money for a large shipment of stands and never delivered. A legal battle ensued, the outcome of which was the dissolution of Equalizer and all assets given to Barbara (but with no way to recover the lost money). After her remarriage the decision was made to construct a factory here in Wilmington, NC and to begin producing the treestands completely in America. It has taken several years and lots of money, but the factory is now complete and ready to begin production. The new line of stands has been completely re-engineered to make them the safest and easiest climbing treestands on the market. The orders are now flying in, and we will soon be starting.

Good Luck Buckshot. I will be in touch I need some parts.

Good to see the re-birth of an American company,good luck and best wishes!
    "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage:be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed:for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

Good luck and best wishes. I have several older buckshot models and look forward to buying a new model soon

Best wishes.....I hope things work out for you......

I hope that ya'll make it. My EQ24 is still my #1 climber.

I removed the adjustable seat from a Buckshot and added a sling seat and it is one of my favorite climbers (and lighest) I prefer a solid bar wrap over a cable.
    Last edited by SCbowhunter1000; 06-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Had to remodel the backpack strap connection points on my Cadillac ultra-lite. The original connection points for the top of the carrying harness are set to high which causes the stand to ride to low ( base of the stand rode on my butt instead of the back ) while carrying it. Also added a pad to it so it doesn't hurt my back while carrying it...
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Any body know where I can find some rubber tubing for replacing the seat hold-downs. Austintreestands have them for $4.00 a set of 2 but the shipping is $10.00. I ain't going that route.
    Thanks

I always had problems with the seat strap. I got the black rubber tie down strap and removed the hooks and use that no more problem. That was over ten years ago and still have the same strap on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I always had problems with the seat strap. I got the black rubber tie down strap and removed the hooks and use that no more problem. That was over ten years ago and still have the same strap on there.
    Did the same thing with mine. Works just fine...
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast