Camera Land, IncUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Check out this great video showing all 5 seasons of this Buck's life !

Default Check out this great video showing all 5 seasons of this Buck's life !

I know most of us feel that if we don't shoot him our neighbors will BUT this video certainly proves that they don't all get shot!

http://youtu.be/q5TBT01J6vE

Pretty cool. Wonder where this buck lived. Kinda looks like a southern landscape, but hard to tell
    RIP Dakota 2/1/13
    NBK

The webite says it's a Georgia Deer

Thats awesome, amazing he made it that long. Between being piebald and that rack, he must've been elusive.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Enjoyed the story.

Great Video.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach S View Post
    Thats awesome, amazing he made it that long. Between being piebald and that rack, he must've been elusive.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Georgia has a 2 buck limit. And one of those has to have at least 4 points on one side. The other can be whatever size you want it to be. It makes people be a little more picky about what they shoot.

They show daytime video of him every year, so I wouldn't say he was elusive. Looks like they made the decision not to shoot him when he was younger.

Your're right. After reading the website they definitely wanted him to get a little age on him.

I was told to remind everyone that this particular Buck certainly had great antler potential. Not every Buck will have big antlers. The trick is to try to recognize the Bucks with good antler potential so maybe they can get a little age on them. We can usually tell by 3 1/2 (if not 2 1/2) if they are going to have good antlers. If I think I see a 4 1/2 year old or older Buck with small antlers I am going to shoot him and be proud that I shot a trophy aged Buck.