Advertise on SCONAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Black Coyote And Fox

Default Black Coyote And Fox

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"
    Lev.20:13

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and liberal minority, that thinks it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Beautiful grey fox. Used to see them all the time at home, not so much any more

Sent from the Strut Zone
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Proud Student of Hattaway School of Turkey Hunting!

"It's a damn disease is what it is." - Dean "Redbeard" Mundhenke

The Few

Could that be a wolf?

Quote Originally Posted by TNDave View Post
    Could that be a wolf?
    Nope, just a stinking black color phase coyote...
    "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"
    Lev.20:13

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and liberal minority, that thinks it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Great pics. I use to see many grey foxes and a very few reds around my place until coyotes invaded the area and drove them away. DNR told me this is common since they are both predators and the coyotes will prevail.

Grey's are a little more adaptable to coyotes in my experience but the reds get gone quick, usually moving to more urban areas if they don't get ate first
    But then I've seen a lot of coyote here near Columbia in the "burbs".

Back in MD it took less than three years from first coyote sighting to the reds completely disappearing, and I used to get double and triple reds on a calling stand regularly.