Advertise on SCONAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Oconee

Default Oconee

Headed to Oconee county Sunday. Anyone else running dogs up there next week.

Thawacker,how'd y'all do ? A coworker went up to the NC mountains last week but didn't have much luck,very dry,dogs couldn't run good at all. He said the woods there were slap full of acorns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
    Thawacker,how'd y'all do ? A coworker went up to the NC mountains last week but didn't have much luck,very dry,dogs couldn't run good at all. He said the woods there were slap full of acorns.
    Pretty good at the end. Ran bears Monday and Tuesday but didn't get any. Like you said very dry and have never seen so many acorns. The dogs would just lose them. Did tree a small one Monday that was let go. Ended up getting one Wednesday, Thursday, and one early Friday morning. I packed up and left at 12 Friday to come back home. The guys called and told me that they got another one Friday afternoon and 2 Saturday. This was also between 2 parties. The party I was in and a party of guys that we know. I will try and post some pics later.

A friend of mine from church was on in a party that took a pretty good bear,haven't heard the total harvest numbers from the still and party hunts yet.
    "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage:be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed:for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

game warden said it was only 1 killed still hunting in occonee

Anyone heard the bear harvest results for oconee this year yet?