Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Avoid heat sources when hanging deer head on walls

Default Avoid heat sources when hanging deer head on walls

Mounted game heads should not be placed near heat sources: heat vents, over fireplace, hot rooms in summer. Cold can affect them as heat does. Drying, cracking, and loosening of the hide and brittle horns. When moving game heads, do not hold, nor grasp any where on the neck. Those neck hairs are hollow and will easily break. Hold the horns/antlers and the bottom brisket area, or the wood panel when moving your game mount.----- My question is: How about the mount being over, or near a flat screen tv? How much heat radiates from back side flat screen TVs?

I hear what your saying. I have a fifty year old ten pointer that is in need of a serious makeover.

A deer hide can only be re-glued to the molded form 2, or 3 times. ...Waiting on Rick to join in and tell us more. ......I just checked back side of the boob tube for temperature and there is a smidgeon of heat coming from the vents across top of back side. Not a major heat source and TV`s location is only for a few days till I can run a cable to the other room and relocate it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSC View Post
    A deer hide can only be re-glued to the molded form 2, or 3 times. ...Waiting on Rick to join in and tell us more. ......I just checked back side of the boob tube for temperature and there is a smidgeon of heat coming from the vents across top of back side. Not a major heat source and TV`s location is only for a few days till I can run a cable to the other room and relocate it.
    In my opinion a TV does not put out enough heat to damaged your mount.
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

Rick, Thanks for reassurance.

Older plasma screen TV's produce a lot of heat. LCD's and others not so much.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net