Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Air Pellet Riffle .22 Caliber

Default Air Pellet Riffle .22 Caliber

What the best and most accurate without breaking the bank?
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

I'm gonna ride your coat tail on this one as I've been looking at air guns myself. .177cal seems to have more fps, but .22 more punch. I think a saw a Benjiman with both barrels, but cant recall the $$$. I'd like to stay around 125.00. BTW, I watched a tv show recently where they had a tourney squirrel hunting, with the teams using Gamo Whisper. Seemed to be a good choice for that contest.

I want a .20
    Yippee Ki Yay

I bought an inexpensive .17 Beeman just to fool around with. I got the smaller caliber thinking the higher velocity would be more accurate. Then I recently read an article about competition shooting with air guns and the top shooters use the .22 with 800 to 1000 FPS velocity. Too detailed to explain here but it had to do with instability of the smaller, lighter pellet compared the heavier stable lower velocity pellet.
    Interesting to say the least.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men.

Quote Originally Posted by deerman View Post
    What the best and most accurate without breaking the bank?
    Look up flyingdragon air rifles. He sells clones of German RWS 34.He tests each one to make sure you get a good one.Watch out at big box stores people open the box and shoot them in the air to see how loud they are!Shooting a spring airgun without pellet can damage it! this is the one XISICO XS-25 or they have a synthetic stock version.

I have a Ruger. 22 and Benjamin ..177. I think the .22 is more accurare. With air rifles an artillery hold is more accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

you could plug bc and weights into most ballistic software I would think

I ran this with JBM plugging in .177cal BC of .021 and 8.4 gr weight at 900 fps 0 at 50 yards from a pellet I found in this List
    Drops are inches
    60 -1.0
    80 -4.3
    100 -9.4
    120 -16.4
    140 -25.3
    160 -36.2
    180 -49.0
    200 -63.9

nothing like launching artillery accurately
    Yippee Ki Yay

I have a .177 that I bought from (I Think) Compasaco? many years ago. I shoot squirrels at 70 - 100 feet and rarely miss.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by PSEWOOD View Post
    Look up flyingdragon air rifles. He sells clones of German RWS 34.He tests each one to make sure you get a good one.Watch out at big box stores people open the box and shoot them in the air to see how loud they are!Shooting a spring airgun without pellet can damage it! this is the one XISICO XS-25 or they have a synthetic stock version.
    Thanks
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

I have the Beeman R9 in .20 caliber and I am very pleased with it. I've owned it for over 3 years now and use it for squirrel control in my backyard.
    It cost me a little over $500 with the Bushnell scope but I can say it is the most accurate pellet gun I have ever shot.
    Yes, that is a ridiculous price for a pellet gun but I get more squirrels in my backyard than I do with my .17HMR in the woods!
    BTW My R9 likes the Silver Arrow 15.50 pellet.100_0148.jpg

Wow slippery, that is some accuracy there. How far away was that target?
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

That was about 20 yards Banjo Bud. What I did was I purchased the variety pack of .20 caliber pellets from straight shooters.com and I shot about 14 different pellets of varying sizes and shapes to see which on my R9 liked best. Here are some other pellets and how they shot. 100_0157.jpg100_0154.jpg100_0159.jpg100_0160.jpg

Well guys I decided on the Gamo Swarm Maxxim 22 Cal. ten shot break barrel with 3-9x40 scope and I could not be happier for the price and accuracy, It took about 15 shots for me to get it zeroed, I think is going to be just right for my needs, the ten shot clip is what really sold me.

SPONSOR