Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dad's Dementia is getting worse.

Praying for yall Bill!
    "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage:be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed:for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

An update on my father.

He is adapting to his new life and surroundings but upon moving in he had to be immediately moved into the memory unit since he tried to leave the first night. Since then he only seems down or unhappy with the place whenever my sister and I are there to visit him. I guess we remind him of his life at home. He is being treated well and is the life of the place with the female residents, but I can see his memory failing at an accelerated pace. Yesterday when I mentioned my son, John, he seemed to not know who I was talking about for a few minutes, then he seemed to recall him again. It's sad but I feel much better knowing he is eating well and taking his meds. He did fall a few weeks ago and hit is head on his dresser but a visit to the emergency room at the hospital for a ct scan and examination showed nothing more than a broken nose and a couple of bad scrapes on his head. I hate to think of what would happen to him if he had done this at home. He's always been a tough guy, toughest I know when it comes to dealing with pain.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

continued prayers from Seneca.

Bill I have been through that myself. A terrible disease. After a while they will forget about home life to some extent and feel more comfortable at the care facility.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12