Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter22 View Post
    I see you have jokes tonight ha,ha.
    Straight out of several trappers mouth.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

my opinion is mine and mine alone...you're right, the bad apples out there are making things hard for those of us that have worked our tails off to do things the right way...but i disagree with you that they are the majority...the problem is the ones of us that do it right aren't seen because we aren't on your property...doghunters are danged if we do danged if we don't...There is one way to ensure 100% a dog doesn't leave a piece of property...kill what it's running...then all you hear is "there's no deer around here because the doghunters shoot everything that moves"...so we start letting smaller deer go and catch the dogs as best we can and one or two dogs get away once in a while..."OMG doghunters let their dogs run all our deer away!"...it doesn't matter what we do, it's never enough...I've been around this forum since it was on the SCDNR's website...i was one of the original members of this forum so i've been in my share of doghunting debates...i could care less about shooting a deer...i love listening to the dogs and working with puppies.

just as a side note i have a piece of property that i still hunt on up here. Well evidently the neighbors think they run the whole place out there and we've had our stands vandalized, our corn piles pissed in, cigarette butts in the corn piles, i had SD cards stolen from game cameras, harassment....they'll park out on the road and blow the horn for 10- 15 minutes...they'll sit there and stare at you in a threatening way (bear in mind I'm holding a high powered rifle) but threatening none the less...all over a stupid ass brown goat...these guys aren't doghunters, but they are just a much a low life scum as those that you mentioned...All they did this year was try and prevent my 8 year old little boy from having the opportunity to shoot his first deer. It was easy enough to contact the game warden and let him know what was happening. Since it's on the illegal side of things to harass a hunter and interfere with his hunt the game warder was very interested in what was happening. Fortunately we did not have any other problems...just trying to show you that it's just as bad with still hunters feeling "entitled" as it is doghunters.

I am DONE with this...i know how i do things, you can ask BP57, W33k3ND3R, or others on this forum about me.

Obviously, you only read the parts you wanted, and apparently, you are not one of the "degenerates" I'm talking about. This is the same thing me and RT went through where you cherry pick the parts you want. As long as doggers stay on thier own property and stop bringing illegal coyotes into the State, I'm fine. Not all of it is bad as you and RT pointed out, but there are still far too many bad ones, degenerates, out there making it worse for the "houndsmen" far too often in my area. It is good to see some good come out of it, though, that you posted. Part of what you posted was part of my argument a couple post back. The "good ones" need to do more to promote it in a positive light and actually do the right thing instead of running roughshod all over other people's property, stealing, vandalism, and a long, long list of things the "degenerates" I'm talking about do EVERY season. "Whoa whoa right there buddy...I can tolerate a lot of things but this comment right here just hit a nerve," and I'll just leave it at that for now. Something tells me you will come back with some more "nerves," though, as if your OPINION counts more than anyone else's on this forum in the matter.

Default So God made a Hound

borrowed this poem

So God made a hound.
    cody goose.jpg

God said I need someone brave enough to fight the hurricane force of a bear that won't tree, so God made a Hound.
    God said I need someone with feet tough enough to run miles in the snow, ice, rocks, and hot sand, so God made a Hound.
    God said I need someone with a nose able to smell it's quarry while driving down the road, so God made a Hound.
    God said I need a companion for the hunter with the desire to wander into the unknown and make it home safe, so God made a Hound.
    God said I need someone with the grit to bay bears, hogs, coons, lions, bobcats, coyotes, deer, leopards, and all other beasts of tooth and claw, yet gentle enough to sleep at the foot of the bed, so God made a Hound.
    God said I need someone with the tenacity to lead the pack into a battle of unknown, so God made a Hound.
    God said I need someone who will sit and shake and play ball with its handler and provide a meal for the pack and owner in the same day, so God made a Hound.
    God said, with a tear in his eye, I need a best friend, for every hunter I created, someone who will walk many miles next to them and share a life many will never know. He said I need someone who will be loyal and loving no matter what the day brought to them, someone who when the time comes, will continue to hunt on in heaven, so God Made A Hound.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Straight out of several trappers mouth.
    that's what a lot of them do around here too
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by ncsuhunter View Post
    but i disagree with you that they are the majority.
    Well, I said that was predominately the case for my area as well, but cherry pick away. Iceman, it is entirely plausible; however, it is not happening in my immediate area or close enough for word to get around that trappers are catching coyotes. I would have heard about it by now.

Iceman, it is entirely plausible; however, it is not happening in my immediate area or close enough for word to get around that trappers are catching coyotes. I would have heard about it by now.

When I said next door, I mean in SC, not literally your next door neighbor. Look up soft catch traps or rubber jawed traps..
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    When I said next door, I mean in SC, not literally your next door neighbor. Look up soft catch traps or rubber jawed traps..
    Ah. Actually, I have been researching a few traps, but I have not been researching where the trapping is going on in the State. I just don't have time for it right now, but I might one day for fun.

Quiet a few guys trap coyotes around here including several on this site.
    Henry Ford

Dog hunting reform is here.

If I'm going to be accused of cherry picking might as well make it worth my time...LOL.... and yes I cherry picked only the points that I wanted to make...I could go back and pick some of the good things you said too, but that wouldn't be any fun :P

Personally, I could careless if dog hunting deer was made completely illegal indefinitely, and the fox pens which are really coyote pens can go with it. I'm sick to death of constantly hearing dogs yapping and yapping and yapping all hours of the day and night.
    I guess I should be so grateful that I only have to listen to the constant yapping a couple times a week during deer season, and most every day and night of the week for the other 9 months of the year--heavy on the sarcasm, of course.
    I just don't have any kind of soft spot for dog hunting.
    The coyote pen is pretty bad as well, though in that there are very few breaks. Can't even go out in the yard at night and enjoy the peace and quiet of the country. Nothing but contempt for that thing.
    When they finally come, the stereotypical Jefro looking guy, who can't spell his own two or three letter name, pops out of his ragged out, front jacked up and back dragging, Z71.
    The only dogggres not causing trouble are the people working with bird dogs (quail, ducks, ect) and activities like rabbit hunting and squirrel hunting. The rest are far more bad than good...
    On top of that, the same degenerates are the ones in the pens, and the pens propagate gambling, drinking, and drugs. So, the next generation of degenerates just keeps it going.... I have nothing but contempt for those folks.

If I'm going to be accused of cherry picking might as well make it worth my time...LOL.... and yes I cherry picked only the points that I wanted to make...I could go back and pick some of the good things you said too, but that wouldn't be any fun :P
    More often than not, doggers bear no responsibility to keep the peace themselves. They'd rather point to the non-invasive still hunters as the problem and force the burden of finding a solution on them. Just remember who the trespasser is. When forced into carrying the burden of finding a solution, some still hunters have felt like they have run out of options and are seeking governmental support. If the dog hunters don't like that, then why don't they accept the burden of finding a solution to the problems they create for others? Any talk about the still hunters dividing everybody is complete non-sense. Allowing dogs free reign over others property is the root cause of the division. Retaliation by still hunters who do not impose on the dog hunters properties by engaging in their sport is simply an effect of the root problem.

Doggers do have as much a right to dog hunt as any of us do to still hunt—no question. But what doggers fail to realize in so many cases is that you and your dogs do not have a right to tresp******************** whether or not the dogs can read or recognize boundaries is irrelevant. I have a right to play baseball in my own yard, but does that also mean I have the right to launch a ball through the neighbor’s window or into the side of the neighbor’s house or car? That ball doesn't know where it's going; it doesn't know how to stop. I surely can't control it once it leaves the bat. So it's up to me to find a way to keep that from happening. If it means that I cannot play baseball, then so be it. It absolutely does NOT mean that my neighbor just has to deal with it, or that they have the burden to figure out a way for me to play baseball without bothering them. It's really that simple.

Aside from all of that, certainly not all, but many dog hunters operate with clear and extremely antagonizing arrogance that they can do as they please. The “go ahead and try to stop us” attitude is causing some still hunters to take action with no reservations about doing so. Until the dog hunting community addresses that, there will be little to no compromise from the still hunters.

If you are a dogger, and you cannot understand that, then you are as dumb as a granite rock, and you absolutely need reform and serious legal restrictions placed on your dog hunting. The dog hunting status quo of running roughshod over other people’s property is old and worn out because land owners don’t and shouldn’t have to just “deal with it.”

I do hope you know my last post was in jest. I have understood for a long time that there was a problem in the doghunting world. Unfortunately the ones of us that do our best to do it right are never seen doing it right. Just like the still hunter that doesn't poach is never seen not poaching. Only the bad ones are seen. You can't fix them. They'll just remove their collars and turn out hounds with no identification on them. That doesn't hurt anything but the hounds. My dogs are family members. I don't want them on your property because they are not doing me any good on your property. It is beyond frustrating to ALWAYS be blamed for problems, even when you aren't the ones causing the problems. I've seen multiple threads on this forum over the years from people complaining about doghunters only to find out later that the dogs causing their problems were feral curs with no collars or from a neighboring house or farm and had NOTHING to do with doghunting. That doesn't seem to be the case with you, but it has been before. I could go on and on.

I do hope you know my last post was in jest.

Well, that is good to know;however, I'm not "on the fence" any longer, and still hunters absolutely did NOT force me to one side or the other. You know where the force came from. But, if you want to say that I said I could care less if dog hunting goes away, then yeap, I could care less and won't lose an ounce of sleep over it...for all of the reasons I have discussed. The only thing that would change that is seeing a marked improvement in dogger community for my area and many of my friends in other counties around the State.
    Last edited by Skeeter22; 01-26-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Skeeter, Iceman is correct. Most of the pens buy coyotes from trappers in SC. There are so many coyotes in SC there is no need to import them.

Actually today the trapping of coyotes in the wild in SC helps reduce the wild population by putting them in the pens when allowed. They do not live long lives in a good pen.

If it is outside of the short live trapping season then the coyote trappers must kill the coyote which makes trapping expensive for the landowners.

The problem with coyotes is that 30 years ago there needed to be strict enforcement on the importation and live transfer of coyotes and there was not. At this point you cannot fix that problem, so let a landowner live trap, dead trap and shoot the coyotes year round. I could care less where the coyote dies, in a pen, at the hands of a trapper or from a bullet. I just want it dead.

I have seen fox pens have to close for months due to the fact that the "game" was depleted and it was not live trapping season.

The fox pens are not your problem. Your problem is the rogues that hunt next to you

Quote Originally Posted by I Hunt View Post
    Your problem is the rogues that hunt next to you
    Not next to me...they just show up out of the blue, and I'm sick of them. Edit: or the muts and coyotes show up from the pen all times of the year...where they don't belong. I'm not against trapping coyotes, killing them, ect,ect. Heck, kill every last one of them. As far as not importing them any longer, good, I hope that is indeed correct, but I still have my doubts. But, yup, I have nothing but contempt for the pen too for a long list of reasons that I have already stated for the most part.
    Last edited by Skeeter22; 01-26-2017 at 01:09 PM.

There are stiff fines for people who bring in any live wild animals, especially invasive species, from out of state; no matter whether they are released into pens or the wild. If you know for a fact that some ass wipe is violating the law and importing 'yotes, then turn 'em in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Sign it away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT and Iceman,

Telling ya...I don't make this stuff up. As soon as I turned of the right of way on to the highway at 04:16 this morning, there is a horse in the middle of the road...lost as it can be. Crazy thing wouldn't let me get around him for another 1.5 miles either. Craziness with people not taking care of their animals in my vicinity...from stray dogs to stay horses to deer dogs on a constant basis. This time I got a pic. Ha,ha. The rest of you don't need to go sideways...I'm being comical here for the most part, and just showing you I'm not losing my mind or anything. This stuff happens all the time around me with people grossly neglecting their animals.

Horse.jpg
    Last edited by Skeeter22; 01-30-2017 at 07:44 AM.

That's just sad right there.

You should have call 911. Hitting a horse with a car is serious business.
    Henry Ford

bodeen check your messages please.

skeeter..........can you afford to maintain and feed a horse? If so, treat it like a stray dog and adopt it! From the photo it appears to be a pretty nice pinto and the guys I know who have one like 'em for deer hunting.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    skeeter..........can you afford to maintain and feed a horse? If so, treat it like a stray dog and adopt it! From the photo it appears to be a pretty nice pinto and the guys I know who have one like 'em for deer hunting.
    Nope. Don't want anything to do with it. I'm not in the business of taking in refugees...LMAO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Dog hunting reform is here.
    This bill passed?
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    This bill passed?
    No. I think this was tabled before it came to a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by frankb View Post
    That's a load of bs and you know it. Criticizism of dog hunting for deer started when the big tracts of land got broken up and sold. People bought land expecting that they owned it but the doggers wouldn't agree and kept running dogs where they wanted. This isn't about one group of hunters wanting to stop another as much as its about one group of people tired of another group running roughshod over thier property rights. Doggers keep saying "just get in front and shoot the deer" but that's not what the property owners want to do on THIER own land. If it was they would be in your dog club. It's about property rights, plain and simple, property owners bought property for thier own uses and doggers couldn't care less. It's a shame the doggers that do thier best to do it right are going to get the shaft over the actions of a few but it happens every day. I hope the law passes and they hire a thousand more GW's to enforce it and pay them on commission for the fines they generate.
    I have read enough. And just who are the ones who bought and sold the land? Where do you come from originally? Mighty funny how dog hunting was the mainstay until so many infiltrated the state and started all the controversy. As usual, someone comes in, pushes their will on other, and gets p!ssed when those people will not bend to their will. OH and yeah, I am for the native South Carolinians who are carrying on a tradition that has been done for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by 8pointduck View Post
    I have read enough. And just who are the ones who bought and sold the land? Where do you come from originally? Mighty funny how dog hunting was the mainstay until so many infiltrated the state and started all the controversy. As usual, someone comes in, pushes their will on other, and gets p!ssed when those people will not bend to their will. OH and yeah, I am for the native South Carolinians who are carrying on a tradition that has been done for decades.
    This is a joke post right? You cant be serious. Some one buys/owns property and doesnt want you running dogs on it, but you continue to do so and think they are the ones pushing thier will on you??? Christ, you could be the poster boy for the anti dogging movement.

Quote Originally Posted by 8pointduck View Post
    Probably more than a century. But time are changing even in SC.
    Henry Ford

There are a lot of "traditions" that went on "for decades" that simply have no business in today's society/world so that reasoning (more like an excuse) is weak, antiquated and irrelevant at best.

I'm going to agree with frankb's last sentence on this one. A mentality like that is far more detrimental to dog hunting than beneficial or supportive. Personally, there are only tow options...reform or ban. It can't go on unchecked any longer. The longer is goes unchecked, the less likely the possibility for reform becomes and that would only leave one possible resolution. The GA dog hunters saw the writing on the wall and made the necessary concessions to keep their "tradition" alive. SC dog hunters better wake up and act or the decision will be made for them.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Actually the tradition predates Europeans in this area. The Cherokee and specifically the Yemassee branch of the Cherokee along with the Cawtawba Indians ran deer deer with dogs in order to get 'em out of the impenetrable river bottoms and swamps up to the higher ground where they could kill 'em.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast