Advertise on SCONCamera Land, Inc

Thread: Black phase Coyote's

Default Black phase Coyote's

Hi Guys, I Was wondering how many of you have seen or taken one.
    Scott.

When we first started seeing them maybe 15 years ago they were mostly black or at least the ones we saw and killed were. Now they are the typical coyote color.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

They are pretty

about 10 years ago I was hunting with a friend on his land near jenkinsville. he shot a real pretty black female. the next week I shot a black male at the same place. he was kind of rough looking though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azXkoM...ature=youtu.be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azXkoMvrQ04

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Thank's for posting Awesome! video

we have them here too...most have a blaze spot on their chest like the pups in the video...sometimes a foot too
    Yippee Ki Yay

Amazing. There everywhere. Great video.

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/a08018c3...2e2b787fb0.jpg
    Just finished this one, love the color

I've seen several and just saw one taken out of a trap a couple weeks ago that was doubled tagged by DNR. I've caught a light red one year before last while trapping and I'll see if I can post a pic later.

I killed a huge one while turkey hunting a few years ago but have many on my trail cams since then. I don't think they are rare anymore.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I guess there not that rare.

Yesterday while in my climber I was watching some does in the swamp. Suddenly they flushed like a covey of quail. Two coyotes, a big black one and a brown one were easing up the branch. Tried to get my gun on the solid black one but he was behind some trees. The big brown one was closer and in the clear so I flattened it. Turned out to be a female. Heavy. I'm guessing 40 lbs or more. I left it in a stump hole.

I shot one Sunday morning a grey female. There were 3 squirrels that kept racing around back and forth across the fire lane all morning. I was thinking you may be attracting attention you don't want and indeed they did. Looked like the yote was after the squirrels.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford