Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: My new play toy

Default My new play toy

After many years of riding a 21 speed mountain bike while turkey and deer hunting, I have bought me a new toy that I am super excited about to use next week. After doing a lot of research and talking with some owners, I bought a new electric bicycle from Rambo Bikes (rambobikes.com). This bike is the real deal. I put 14 miles on it last weekend at our hunt club in Calhoun County that is quite hilly similar to Fairfield County. I bought the 750 bike even though they and Quiet Kat both now have a 1000 watt bike available at a good bit more money. This bike will travel close to 20 miles on level ground with a full charge and will do over 20 miles an hour. I still had 1/4 charge after all the fun I had going 14 miles. This bike is a basic 7 speed mountain bike with the large 4" tires if you do not use the motor. You can pedal assist the motor which requires very little strength and builds the charge back up, or you can simply push the thumb throttle just like a 4 wheeler and not pedal at all. It has 9 levels of power.

My plans are to have the bike on a receiver hitch carrier and travel fairly close to where I plan to sit. If I hear a bird gobble 800-1000 yards away, I will have the bike close by to jump on instead of having to walk a good bit back to the truck and ride closer. I am now 65 years old with a total replacement knee and shoulder and my days of running and gunning are mostly in my past. Total silence with no scent will also be great for riding instead of walking to a deer stand. I installed gun mounts on the handlebars to carry my shotgun and have luggage racks to attach a decoy or two and pack. This bike has tremendous torque and more power than I thought it would have. I also got the aircraft aluminum cart that is well made and will carry up to 300 pounds of a deer, hog, or firewood.

I took the bike to a professional bike shop in Columbia to have the brakes adjusted and had an "old man" gel seat installed. They were very impressed by the quality of parts used and how it was made.

The camo bike normally retails for $2995.00, the cart $149.95. and the luggage racks and fenders around $100-125. I bought the entire package including Georgia sales tax for $2249.00 from Culpepper Ace Hardware in Evans Georgia about 10 miles outside of Augusta. They have a super nice hunting department and are very nice people to deal with. This season is going to be fun riding this beauty around the woods.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y".

Awesome...after learning golf carts are not that silent off road (too many body noises), I began considering an eBike as well for turkey hunting/getting to stands. I was looking at the Sondorshttps://sondors.com/products/sondors-original and MOAR https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...bicycle-bike#/bikes...seemed like good options for decent money. What other brands did you consider?
    Last edited by lawdog; 03-14-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Bike hunting is fun stuff. Mine runs off of sweat and reminds me each year that I'm a season older.........
    I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

What's insane is people who think the Goverment removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe.

Just remember you can't use the electric bike on wma, that is if you hunt wma att all

I do not hunt WMA lands anymore as I have been lucky finding some private land that only I have full rights to and am a member of a great hunting club. I only considered the Rambo and Quietkat bikes as those were the ones mostly geared towards hunters. I believe if you just used the bike as a 7 speed bike it would be fine on WMA lands. I will find that out.

those are nice bikes. I have and old school Giant that I custom built. I need to get me a set of those tires....wonder if they would fit on the Sun Box rims I have. Wouldn't take much to wrap in with Camo Clad to cover the clear aluminum.
    Yippee Ki Yay

How did this workout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

This is more in my budget.....200.00 dollars...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Mongoo...nkItQvbNxkXCn0
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    How did this workout?

Sorry, have not been on here in a while. The bike worked out exactly as I thought it would. It worked great the times I used it. One place that I hunt a lot on the river required about a 30 minute walk down a slight hill and a little longer back. I was able to make each trip in less than 5 minutes. I had a little trouble at first carrying a decoy or two along with my vest and gun on the gun rack on the handlebars, but after figuring a few things out it was much easier. I bought a very nice aluminum carrier made by Black Widow (http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-carrier/p/AMC-400/?CID=PSC-PLA-Google-AMC-400-motorcycle-carriers&st-t=google-motorcycle-carriers&vt-pti=69196011022&vt-k=&vt-m=&CAWELAID=820562990000010230&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID= 23055661582&CATCI=aud-94122180742la-69196011022&gclid=CjwKEAjw7J3KBRCxv93Q3KSukXQSJADz FzVSsY2UKmXIixI23oVwRocD8l7xI1BDrXSi-g0cJ10mXxoCYhnw_wcB) that goes into my receiver hitch and it mounted easily. I bought a very nice aluminum cargo carrier that has a ramp to pull animals up unto it easily and am going to combine the two soon so that I can not only have my bike on the receiver hitch, but also a game carrier also. I will try and post a picture of the two with my bike on it soon.

Good deal. I saw a similar thread on archery talk and remembered this one.

“Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

I've used something similar to these for locking down bikes. You can attach them to tool boxes in pickups...I even have them mounted in a hitch carrier for mountain bikes. I also have one mounted on a channel for weight so that I could haul my road bike in an SUV.
    Last edited by Jester896; 06-20-2017 at 07:06 AM.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Good hunting on your bike, I looked at the website: pretty awesome! FWIW, I talked to a guy at the beach the other day who had his bike rigged for fishing. He was carrying 5 rods, tackle box, ice box and a net. Ingenuity.