Advertise on SCONAdvertise on SCON

Thread: New to ATV's, for Hunting should I get the Ranger 570 or the Sportsman

Default New to ATV's, for Hunting should I get the Ranger 570 or the Sportsman

Hello fellow hunters, I am new to ATV's and I need to purchase one because I recently joined a hunting club. I have narrowed my choices to the Sportsman or the 2 seat Ranger. I am leaning towards the Ranger because I am getting older and don't think the sportsman is a fit. The club I am joining appears to have some narrow trails. Please provide some of your experience and what you think is the best choice.

Go with the Ranger, you can haul equipment much easier, and hauling game is easier too. Plus you can take a friend ir grandchild. Good luck.

Narrow trails and side x side might get tight. 4 wheeler will get into tighter and rougher terrain imho. The sxs seems to be pretty popular these days but much higher priced too. SxS is an easier ride but I personally like the 4 wheeler. Wife wants me to get a sxs.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Thanks Big Fork, we think the same; I am leaning towards the Ranger because of my grandson. I plan to purchase a new one and there are a lot of accessories, which would you recommend if any....I plan to get the windshield

- - - Updated - - -

Yep...ole lady definitely wants to ride and she is going for the side by side

Mine has a windshield, I spent a little and got the auto glass with a hand operated wiper, Cloth top, and doors, gets cold up here in Pa. Also have a tool box mounted in the bed, hunted til I found one to go with the Ranger, great place for rachet straps, rope tree stand extras ect... Never had problems with narrow trails, these things are awesome. All that doesn't count around the house and yard work, ENJOY

If you ride to a stand on a cild morning, the windshield is more than worth the cost and a n enclosed cab is a god-send in the rain.

You are right Deerslayerjohn!!! What about a winch?

used the winch 1 time in 16 years on 2 different Rangers, not needed. frton glass doors, and top, NEEDED!!

Thanks, anyone purchase the front and rear brush guards?

Www.strongmade.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

Quote Originally Posted by hunter533 View Post
    You are right Deerslayerjohn!!! What about a winch?
    I use mine mostly to pull 2wds out of messes but I have had to winch a deer out of a 10 ft deep red clay gully once.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter533 View Post
    Hello fellow hunters, I am new to ATV's and I need to purchase one because I recently joined a hunting club. I have narrowed my choices to the Sportsman or the 2 seat Ranger. I am leaning towards the Ranger because I am getting older and don't think the sportsman is a fit. The club I am joining appears to have some narrow trails. Please provide some of your experience and what you think is the best choice.
    Did you end up getting one? I would love a small side by side for the kids.
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”