Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who has cameras out right now?

Default Who has cameras out right now?

I am going to pull some cards this Saturday on some land I haven't had cameras on since 2010. I am curious to see what is around.
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

I do. wil check mine tomorrow.

will be setting up this weekend putting out some mineral blocks see what happens

Pulled mine a few wks ago and had a herd of does. In the next few weeks will get them back up and running!

Nice. I have seen some pics on a few other forums of some great looking deer already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

Pulled cards yesterday, turkey's with polts and does with fawns.

.45-70 is the only Government I trust...

I've got three out and keep them out year round. Lately I've been seeing regular movement with bachelor groups near a dense bedding area very close to my dad's house and one camera deep in the hardwoods getting almost exclusively does. An occasional yote will be on camera.

Most activity on my cameras is dawn to mid day or midnight to 3AM.

I'll try to upload some recent pics soon. Can't do it from work.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I keep cameras out year 'round. I haven't pulled any cards since prior to the end of turkey season, though.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I have about the same as everyone else. Doe, Bucks, hogs, coyotes and turkeys.

One really massive bodied deer, but couldn't see the head. One buck already outside the ears, a few does with fawns, and coyotes 3 different days. Why can't they trap them year round if we can shoot them year round?

Has all the makings of a nice wide buck

.45-70 is the only Government I trust...

Quote Originally Posted by muledeer View Post
    sure does....wish I could figure out that G1...wouldn't mind seeing a couple more of that one
    Yippee Ki Yay

I put out my camera and a mineral block a couple of weeks ago. I'm planning on pulling the card this week. Hopefully I'll have some good pics to share.

Quote Originally Posted by muledeer View Post

Very nice. I dumped some corn a few weeks back where a bachelor group is hitting a salt block. I will pull the cards this weekend

Growing and growing

Default Who has cameras out right now?

One set of twins so far, two singles and a few does that still look pregnant to me. This doe here hits that Trophy rock 10 times a day. No exaggeration.

Last edited by led0321; 06-24-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Have you planted anything yet? It's been bone dry here. Every time a "storm" comes it passes right by us and dumps everything in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Have you planted anything yet? It's been bone dry here. Every time a "storm" comes it passes right by us and dumps everything in NC.
    Nope. I put the lime out ten days ago but I am only doing fall plots this year. I might do a summer plot next year. They have had some good rain here.

Plan on putting mine back out today as I spotted two nice velvet bucks before dark behind my house. Both appear to be eight pointers. I need to get a better look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by vermontlad View Post
    Plan on putting mine back out today as I spotted two nice velvet bucks before dark behind my house. Both appear to be eight pointers. I need to get a better look at them.
    Must be nice to hunt behind your house, wish I could hunt behind my house
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

Deer activity has been pretty sorry on our cameras. Our minerals have had water standing in them a lot and deer won't touch them when they real wet. Even put corn out and can't get a deer to touch it. Does look like they are about to bust and seeing a few fawns but not many yet. Very few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by deerman View Post
    Must be nice to hunt behind your house, wish I could hunt behind my house
    Sometimes it would be nice to have somewhere other than behind the house to hunt
    I'd really like to have an affordable dog club close by, especially one with some folks who are interested in actually hunting, instead of boozing and talking about hunting!
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    Sometimes it would be nice to have somewhere other than behind the house to hunt
    I'd really like to have an affordable dog club close by, especially one with some folks who are interested in actually hunting, instead of boozing and talking about hunting!
    You should apply for the draw hunts near you. The pressure is applied and is cheap.
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    You should apply for the draw hunts near you. The pressure is applied and is cheap.
    From what I've read on here, it's not very easy to get drawn for Webb or Hamilton Ridge, especially for the gun hunts.

You gain preference points. Webb will take several years. The others are more often from what I hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

I have only missed one hunt due to not being drawn on Hamilton Ridge since they began. did not apply in 2013 due to being in the hospital. I always kill a deer or hog it is a good hunt.

A couple interesting ones I'm keeping my eye on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast