Camera Land, IncSwamp Boogers

Thread: Out of State Hunters looking for some private land to hunt hog

Default Out of State Hunters looking for some private land to hunt hog

Hi All,

Reaching out to see if anyone knows a landowner with a hog problem that would be open to letting a few out of staters hunt their land. The three of us are safe hunters with over 20 years of hunting experience each. I know many folks are worried about liability issues and we are more than happy to sign a waiver.

We are from the northern NJ area and would be willing to offer a black bear/deer hunt in exchange to anyone interested. I myself am a professional trout guide and would be happy to take anyone fishing as well.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but we prefer to drive rather than fly to texas, and don't see the need to pay a guide big $$$ to hunt a nuisance animal.

Thanks,
    Joe

Check out Mailman29680 on youtube and see if you are interested and PM me.
    I never lose, either I win or I learn.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl4...KYrd6gYeMvlnbw

Also if you want to drive an extra 2 hours you can hunt on ft Stewart army base in ga. Any buddies and I have been doing that for the past four years got to know some locals and now we hunt private land..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck,,,,I have lived here all my life (Know a TON of people) and cant find another club close to Charleston that I can join that has hogs.
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

I think hog memberships are easier to sell than a deer membership. Seems to be very popular these days.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Yup. All the people around here used to complain about hogs until they found out that they can cover there whole lease/taxes on farm, etc. by leasing the hog rights or sell hog hunts. Mainly to the NC crowd.

,,,,,,,,Ill be dammed if I can find one Iceman, Not close to Charleston..............................
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
    ,,,,,,,,Ill be dammed if I can find one Iceman, Not close to Charleston..............................
    Lots of people looking for a hog hunt. Promoted on the tv shows and magazines get people hot to go hog hunting. Used to sell hog memberships on our club to hunt January through august. Not hard to sell if you have hogs and around charleston they should have plenty of hogs. I suspect those selling hog rights sold what they wanted in December and January. We ended up with several full members that wanted to hog hunt so I stopped selling the associate memberships. You could do the same with turkey rights if you have a lot of turkey and no turkey hunters. It helped defray the lease cost for the deer hunters.

It seems to me most people looking to deer hunt are looking to join a club without hogs or at least on this forum. No hogs is a selling point for deer hunters.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I personally don't hunt our hogs year 'round. We just kill them during deer season as a bonus. Our lease holder lets some hog doggers hunt the land between deer and turkey season, though.

I watch deer and hogs coexist on a daily basis. Hope hunters keep thinking this way , keeps them off my areas.

Your areas are safe from me for sure.

I have also seen deer and hogs coexist fine and eat from the same pile of corn 2 feet away from each other without a worry

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman29680 View Post
    I watch deer and hogs coexist on a daily basis. Hope hunters keep thinking this way , keeps them off my areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsfallbrook View Post
    I have also seen deer and hogs coexist fine and eat from the same pile of corn 2 feet away from each other without a worry
    everybody gets along at the buffet at the Golden Corral...it is more about what hogs do after they leave there
    Yippee Ki Yay

Yes I have seen them eat side by side also seen hogs run deer off a feeder and white oak acorn too. In the upstate hogs will vacuum the acorns under a tree leaving nothing on tree after tree. All stewards of the land and wildlife know hogs are not a good thing. So keep after them.
    Henry Ford

I'm sure you guys are right. I'm just saying that I have personally never seen the consequences of hogs around deer land. It's probably just a matter but of time though. Either way, any hog I see is gonna get killed

Deer hunters have to blame something.....it's in their nature.

Quote Originally Posted by tsfallbrook View Post
    I have personally never seen the consequences of hogs around deer land.
    then you don't have hogs

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman29680 View Post
    Deer hunters have to blame something.....it's in their nature.
    Yippee Ki Yay

I got hogs....the deer work around them....actually stand there and watch me whack them, kinda saying thanks Gene

Keep after them Mailman.
    Henry Ford

we were across a pivot once and it took me a second or two to ID the deer since they all were head down. There was something else there with them so we move about 100 yards closer and got out of the vehicle. When we did the deer moved about 20-30 yards away from the other objects and were all alert. There were 6 hogs feeding in the peanut field with the deer. As we move the 200+ yards to them the deer in the triangle of the pines between the pivots started blowing. When they did the deer in the field moved to about 75+ yards from the hogs watching us. The deer blowing made the two biggest hog ease back into the woods. The deer stood there and watched until we began firing at the 4 hogs...got all 4. The deer went to the tree line farthest away from us and watched from just inside the wood line until we left.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Deer and hogs compete for soft and hard mast. Imo, many variables come into play but hogs can prevent deer from reaching carrying capacity but not displace them. They are fun to hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    Deer and hogs compete for soft and hard mast. Imo, many variables come into play but hogs can prevent deer from reaching carrying capacity but not displace them. They are fun to hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    That is reasonable..... .it's the crazy beliefs I refer to

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    true dat
    Yippee Ki Yay

It's like I always say. I want to deer hunt on my land....I want to hog hunt on a buddy's.

We're going to hunt hogs this winter. I moved some ladder stands the last week of deer season to take advantage of predominantly northern winds.

Ill pay for someone to take me.......I need a "Fix" bad...Hahahaha
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

I find everyone complains about the pigs but shut up quick when you ask if you can go shoot one. Never heard of a hog only membership offered in the Columbia area. I have tons of pics of them on WMA land but without bait to concentrate them they roam so much its hard to spend a day hoping for them to show up.

We had hog only memberships but it created conflicts between other members and hog hunters as well as between the hog hunters themselves. Seems everyone wanted to hunt the others guys bait pile or complained they had to many bait piles. We currently have a guy running hog traps.
    Henry Ford