Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Nwtf

Default Nwtf

To close Turkey Shoppe in Edgefield, SC.....New Pres. cutting budgets etc......Hope it doesn't effect seed program......Maybe they'll move to the museum/warehouse or out to Palmetto.........We'll see..........

I don't care where they move, I am done with them after 17 years of volunteer service. I am sick of feeding money to the machine and not seeing any benefit.

A new organization should be created to to actually benefit the hunter.
    Infamous Beard Buster

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I don't care where they move, I am done with them after 17 years of volunteer service. I am sick of feeding money to the machine and not seeing any benefit.
    I agree with you & 3chunter........I only join for the seed program & shooting at Palmetto......Never suckered into their other stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Never suckered into their other stuff.....
    that might be the reason they are having to do what they are doing...in it for the seed program is not really support....and I would rather have fresher seed.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    that might be the reason they are having to do what they are doing...in it for the seed program is not really support....and I would rather have fresher seed.
    You can't beat their roundup ready corn seed and Clearfield sunflower seed prices.......Anywhere!

There's no money being made off the seed, it's last years seed and would be destroyed or turned into fertilizer.....the money you pay is covering freight for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    There's no money being made off the seed, it's last years seed and would be destroyed or turned into fertilizer.....the money you pay is covering freight for the most part.
    that's what I'm talking about...it really doesn't support them. If you are a member to just get good seed prices you really aren't helping them. It takes more than that to run the Jake Program. I don't mind being a Sponsor Member and getting caught up in the suckerdup stuff for that very reason....only bought seed once or twice and most of it didn't come up.
    Yippee Ki Yay

To each his own..........

To each his own..........
    let me see if I have this right...you post a thread in what seems like a complaint about not being able to get your seed any longer?

I point out to you reasons this may be happening and you get your hind quarters up on your shoulders...when I say...it is people similar to you that join only for their benefit that makes ccleroy's hard work and dedication seem to go unnoticed.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    let me see if I have this right...you post a thread in what seems like a complaint about not being able to get your seed any longer?

I point out to you reasons this may be happening and you get your hind quarters up on your shoulders...when I say...it is people similar to you that join only for their benefit that makes ccleroy's hard work and dedication seem to go unnoticed.
    No. I made a statement about the Turkey Shoppe closing and the seed program......You took the ball and ran.....

Quails Unlimited also has a seed program.

To close Turkey Shoppe in Edgefield, SC.....New Pres. cutting budgets etc......Hope it doesn't effect seed program......Maybe they'll move to the museum/warehouse or out to Palmetto.........We'll see..........
    The NWTF closed their Brick & Mortar store. How often did you shop there? Or how strong was your support for the store? Then
    Hope it doesn't effect seed program.
    I only join for the seed program & shooting at Palmetto......Never suckered into their other stuff.....
    kinda sounds like you'll be darned if you give them anymore money than dues and purchase cheap seed...and that people who support them stronger than you are suckers

Makes sense that someone cutting a budget would trim the thing that costs them the most money...just like your only going to be a member to get cheap seed. You make it sound like they are wrong with the decision

You can't beat their roundup ready corn seed and Clearfield sunflower seed prices.......Anywhere!
    maybe you could if you didn't pay dues. If only 50-75% of the seed germinate....are you really getting your monies worth?...would you be better off if you put the dues money in with your low seed budget and buy seed that 80-95% germinated?

No. I made a statement about the Turkey Shoppe closing and the seed program......You took the ball and ran.....
    please.... tell me how I could come to any other conclusion from your statements...I'm all ears and will sit on my hands fine sir
    Yippee Ki Yay

I have been a member for many years......I use the seed program and shoot at Palmetto........The corn & Clearfield sunflower seed produces excellent stands. No hit or miss on the germination. Only problem I ever had is with their chufas.........THEY don't have a problem with me being a member and neither should you.....Last I'm saying on the subject......THe end.

I don't have a problem with you being a member either.

it's like registering to vote...not voting...then complaining about the outcome
    Yippee Ki Yay

Maybe they should start selling turkey tags. I'd buy 5 every stinking year, member or no.
    Worship the LORD, not His creation.
    Palmetto Slam 2012, 2017
    MLPF-Every fish counts

Quote Originally Posted by spur hunter View Post
    Maybe they should start selling turkey tags. I'd buy 5 every stinking year, member or no.
    No doubt, my biggest gripe with them is during the limit reduction proposal they never helped or tried to add insight or data of why we needed the reduction......the simple fact that we this is the NWTF's home state and there has been no significant turkey data done here in 30 years is a slap in the face of its members. But hey, we gotta multi million dollar shooting complex and we can point you to our donor list if you want to drop some big money.

I want 5 tags.
    Infamous Beard Buster

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Quails Unlimited also has a seed program.
    Unfortunately, Quail Unlimited has been defunct for several years. You may be working with old information, or you may be thinking about Quail Forever (a division of Pheasants Forever). They have seed blends for sale (retail) and they have a similar seed program to NWTF; however, the seed program is only available in certain states. I am fairly confident in saying that SC is not one of them, but NC is. I've never used the program so I am not familiar with the details.
    -Gareth

I dropped my membership when they got involved in the internal politics of SC (did the same with QDMA and DU). When I was a member I would travel to Edgefield at least twice a year, visit the store and the museum..........even though the products for sale continuously dwindled and the museum was never updated and began to decline without the care and maintenance it deserved. The chufa seed sucked, and the local chapter became a social event for the wealthy to the point that ticket prices and the cost rose well above what anyone on a fixed income could afford. Also the local committee pulled some crap with knives I donated for door prizes and the silent auction, not too mention failed to list me as a donor which would have helped my knife sales.

Incidentally our QDMA Branch dissolved and DU went kaput because of the local NWTF Chapter and it's officers. It's a shame that these conservation organizations have become overly aggressive in state politics while ignoring the basic tenets of why they exist; with each organization trying to out do the other in extravagance and pricing themselves above what the average guy can afford.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

rthomas, not disputing, but curious. What internal SC politics of SC are you speaking about?

(In an attempt to avoid hijacking this thread, I put a related question about the role of conservation organizations and y'all's experiences/desires in the "General Discussion" forum - would be very interested in y'all's input. Thanks)
    -Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by I Hunt View Post
    rthomas, not disputing, but curious. What internal SC politics of SC are you speaking about?
    When they all involved themselves in pushing for the new turkey and deer regulations.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    When they all involved themselves in pushing for the new turkey and deer regulations.
    rthomas4, I hate to say it, but isn't that the role of a conservation organization - To lobby for the best laws and Regs to protect the game animal? Seems that NWTF and QDMA did what they should do as a conservation organization. It just seems that you disagreed with the position that they took

NWTF, QDMA, DU, etc. these organizations are supposed to at the mission of the organization promote the welfare of the chosen wild animal specie, whether game or fowl. These are not clubs for hunters, but rather they are supposed to be conservation organizations that promote the betterment of wildlife. Now, I do not always support these groups positions, I too did not think that turkeys needed a lower limit(just my opinion not science) but a group such as NWTF should have devoted itself to lowering limits if their membership as a whole or their leadership believed that lower limits were best for the resource. Just because I did not agree with NWTF on this issue does not mean that I dropped my membership. If anything I can respect an organization more for standing up for wildlife if it is supposed to be a Conservation Organization and NWTF, DU and QDMA in my understanding are supposed to be conservation groups

Quote Originally Posted by I Hunt View Post
    rthomas4, I hate to say it, but isn't that the role of a conservation organization - To lobby for the best laws and Regs to protect the game animal? Seems that NWTF and QDMA did what they should do as a conservation organization. It just seems that you disagreed with the position that they took

NWTF, QDMA, DU, etc. these organizations are supposed to at the mission of the organization promote the welfare of the chosen wild animal specie, whether game or fowl. These are not clubs for hunters, but rather they are supposed to be conservation organizations that promote the betterment of wildlife. Now, I do not always support these groups positions, I too did not think that turkeys needed a lower limit(just my opinion not science) but a group such as NWTF should have devoted itself to lowering limits if their membership as a whole or their leadership believed that lower limits were best for the resource. Just because I did not agree with NWTF on this issue does not mean that I dropped my membership. If anything I can respect an organization more for standing up for wildlife if it is supposed to be a Conservation Organization and NWTF, DU and QDMA in my understanding are supposed to be conservation groups
    Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Conservation will ultimately boil down to rewarding the private landowner who conserves the public interest.”

Everyone uses all this deer data to manage for bigger deer but nwtf can't even put together data on the wild turkey here in SC.
    Infamous Beard Buster