Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyCamera Land, Inc

Thread: Need fishing Charter

Default Need fishing Charter

Looking to take out a group of people from work for a fishing trip in sept or oct. Be 5 or 6 of us and we work in Tabor City, NC so hoping to be reasonably close. Dont want to have to go to charleston due to the drive. Looking for 4-6 hour fishing, dont really care what type but more of a keep us busy type of thing.

Suggestions?

Thanks
    Dale

That's a great time of year to fish,,,,the BEST time if you ask me!

Sorry,,,,I don't know any guide's in Tabor City, NC
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Lot of good guides around surf city and topsail island which is not far from your location. Gulf Stream trips are within reach too. Used several guides and most were.pretty good and we always caught fish. Best guide we used was Randall Eden, if you can get him. Randall fishes the mackerel tournament series so he is hard to get. Nice guy, his mom and dad nice too. We went about 30 miles out caught kings, dolphin, and even a sailfish. Need to decide if you want to bottom fish or troll for game fish as some do both but some don't. Good luck.
    Last edited by Iceman; 09-07-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Iceman: recommendation for which style is best for a good time with people that don't regularly fish and may not again any time soon?

Capt Rick: willing to fish down to Murrels Inlet and up Sunset Beach or so. I know there are many places advertised in that span of land but don't know anyone that's fished with any

I am no expert. The action is probably faster bottom fishing and you can catch a lot of fish real fast and everyone is in the action. We wanted to catch bigger fish, mackerel and dolphin in particular but it is slower action but if you get in a school of dolphin you can have several fish on at one time. If your crew has never been on the ocean the offshore trips are pretty cool. They also do inshore fishing there too (red fish, flounder, and trout), but I always went off shore. Inshor you ride less and fish more. Offshore you may spend two or three hours riding to get to the fish. We always went for a full day so we had time to ride in and out and get in a good bit of fishing. Asked the guides they know what is biting. No use fishing for mackerel if there aren't any around.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

For inshore fishing I always use Capt. Ryan Werner. I have fished with him for the past several years mostly for big red fish. He is in North Myrtle Beach.
    http://www.myrtlebeach-fishing.com/your-captain.html
    If you talk to him tell him Stan & Zack said hello

I actually fished with Ryan last year I think from your recommendation. Great trip with my nephew. Just looking for off shore for this group

They used to have a party boat going out of Surf City to bottom fish called the Vander Cay, I think. They went offshore and bottom fished. It was less than $100 a head. Much cheaper than a Charter but less fun too. We caught fish off that boat several times. It was a good day trip. If everyone chips in the Charter is the way to go.
    Henry Ford

I guess I should have said, this is a company sponsored outing. Cost is always a factor but rewarding the group for a good year is what we want to do and figure a charter is more personal and fun then a party boat

Keep in mind for the charters 4 is their recommended number of fishermen but most will max out at 6 people.
    Henry Ford

If your going offshore bottom fishing, late Oct would be better.

Do this,,,,call the tackle shops in the area and see what they day.

As you know,,,offshore and inshore are two different worlds when it comes to the kind of fish you catch. Late fall and winter are best time for "bottom" fishing offshore. (Black sea b******************** Grouper, Snapper)
    The spring is the best time for trolling (Dolphin, Tuna, Wahoo)
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC