Camera Land, IncWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bored with This Weather

SURPRISE - SURPRISE
    What surprise me on Monday morning, as I looked out my front door, I saw about 5 deer across the street grazing on the grass under a tree. This was around 0700 just as day light was coming and the wind was blowing fairly strong. The rain was going side ways at time. They stayed about 5 more minutes then took off.

Probably white oak acorns. I saw a good many and a ton of beech nuts on the ground last Saturday prior to the storm. Would imagine there are tons of both on the ground now.
    Worship the LORD, not His creation.
    Palmetto Slam 2012, 2017
    MLPF-Every fish counts

I know every pecan that was on my trees is on the ground.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

BTW...SC Schools seem to be ranked 35 in a list from 1 being the best to 51 being the worst

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    I know every pecan that was on my trees is on the ground.
    I saw a farm report that said 80% of GA pecan farms had significant damage in this nonevent
    Last edited by Jester896; 09-13-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    BTW...SC Schools seem to be ranked 35 in a list from 1 being the best to 51 being the worst

I saw a farm report that said 80% of GA pecan farms had significant damage in this nonevent
    I saw dead last and 45th but 35th still sucks

[QUOTE=Jester896;300883]BTW...SC Schools seem to be ranked 35 in a list from 1 being the best to 51 being the worst

H E L L that means their actually improving!
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

The overall ranking has little to do with the quality of education. If your school is full of dumb, poverty level, democrats you are going to be in the bottom of the ranking. your school still has AG classes and those who are successful in the school curriculum will go on to Colleges and maybe even a professional career. If you have 40-50% or higher of the school that are bottom feeders or others who don't speak English or have no ambition then your school scores will be low. The rating is based on your average scores, success, and graduation rate among other things. That is why I take it with a grain of salt when the score the US way down in the world in math and science. Look who they are competing against, China, Japan, India, who either don't have the bottom feeders or the bottom feeders are not allowed or do not go to go to school in the first place. You can make the ratings and statistics read what ever you want just by changing the rules or how you count.
    Last edited by Iceman; 09-14-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

SC messed up years ago whenever they done away with "sections". They played like it was a race issue, but it wasn't. The kids in the higher sections were the ones who had parents that actually cared about their education so they sat in class and learned instead of causing issues.

It is not a race thing it is a culture thing. You can't educate students who don't want to learn. Everyone who wants to learn should have that opportunity. Race is not a factor in determining who wants to learn. Those who don't should be trained to cut gra$$, pick up thrash, or other meanial labor and put to work.

I keep hearing politicians black and white say poor urban areas need education and jobs. Well you can't educate thos who drop out, cause disturbances in cla$$ or will not do homework and class work. You can't employ uneducated people or people whose attitude that makes them unemployable. We need some tough love and new ideas from our community leaders to help the poor. What they are doing is not working.

I didn't know class was a bad word.
    Last edited by Iceman; 09-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    SC messed up years ago whenever they done away with "sections". They played like it was a race issue, but it wasn't. The kids in the higher sections were the ones who had parents that actually cared about their education so they sat in class and learned instead of causing issues.
    Agree.

High school administrators in this state sweep things under the rug even when students are doing things illegal whether it's serious assault or hard drugs. I've been told from SRO's they have been told to let the district deal with it instead of them making charges so it don't hurt grant money that the schools get. I dont have kids in school but I would want those students doing such things to be dealt with by law and expelled and put in alternative schools, expelled for remainder or year or whatever it takes to ensure the kids at school can be in a comfortable environment to get the education they need to be successful in this world. I understand being young and making mistakes too but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

The public schools in Hampton County are comprised mainly of Democrats.........in fact in Yemassee, there are only two white kids at Fennel Elementary, and in Estill I don't believe there are any at all! Wade Hampton's graduation ceremonies for the last few years have had valedictorian and salutatorians who were Democrats, but at the same time over half of the students who went through commencement exercises were receiving "certificates of completion" rather than diplomas. When there are vehicle and locker searches conducted by HCSD and SROs, the black athletes are exempted; but if a white kid has a .22 LR cartridge that happened to get lost when it rolled under the carpet of the truck, then they're suspended for a week. The uniform policies that prohibit hoodies and cargo pants don't apply to the Democrats, but let a kid wear a camo rain coat with a zippered hood attached, he's going home for the day, and maybe even for three days. At least the school board had sense enough to realize that changing the name of Wade Hampton High to Septima P. Clarke was too costly to implement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT certificate of completion is the same as what used to be social promotion, move them on through. Yes times have changed, we used to take guns to school. Not so we could shoot up the school but because we were going squirrel hunting with classmates after school let out. No big secrete either. Innocence lost I guess.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    RT certificate of completion is the same as what used to be social promotion, move them on through. Yes times have changed, we used to take guns to school. Not so we could shoot up the school but because we were going squirrel hunting with classmates after school let out. No big secrete either. Innocence lost I guess.
    I did too. Kept them in a gun rack in the back window of the truck.........NO BIG DEAL to anyone back then............

We brought guns to school along with a change of clothes because we'd either been duck hunting before school, or were going deer, dove, or duck hunting after school got out. Besides there was always a .22 LR semi-auto in the gun rack year 'round!

Killed my first doe of the season last night..........4000 lb. projectile traveling 55 mph........Fortunately the bumper did it.......No damage to the truck........Wish the cool weather would come back.......Love bugs EVERYWHERE........They need to GO AWAY!

We can thank the Entomology Department of The University of Florida for the love bug problem. The bug was genetically engineered as a deterrent for aphids that infest the orange groves. Now the cure is much worse than the problem!

Boomer did you tag that nanny

Quote Originally Posted by gobbler getter View Post
    Boomer did you tag that nanny
    No..............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123