Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: What tags to use tomorrow............................

Default What tags to use tomorrow............................

Finally, here in the upstate, archery starts for whitetails tomorrow the 15th. Now, if I shot a deer on private land, if its a doe I can tag it with a doe tag that's either for private land only or use a wma tag. Can a date specific tag be used on that deer even thou its not date specific for that actual date ? If it were a buck (legal) I can use my free buck tag or date specific tag (not date specific on that day). A little confused on the date specific tags (archery only) as to how they may be used. Looking for input just to clear my mind. Thanks in advance.

Resident archery hunters may use any of the date specific tags to take antlerless deer on any day during archery only or primitive weapons seasons beginning September 15. The archery notation and actual date must be validated on the tag. Once used, however, these tags would no longer be available for use during firearms season on the designated date.

The Date Specific Tags are for Antlerless Deer only ( antler less than 2 inches ).
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Thanks Stlhunr.

I remember hunting in PA as a young adult. Buck season was 2 weeks long and always started the Monday after Thanksgiving. Doe season was the next Monday & Tuesday after buck season closed. Was the same statewide. Rules & regs were easy. EASY. You had ONE tag. If you got a buck, you tagged it and your season was done. If you didn't get a buck, you could get a doe. The rule book was about 3" x 5" and you carried it in your license holder. I wish those days would come back. SC rules & regs are very confusing. PA is not far behind now. It's getting more confusing. But I read & read this SC rule book and the way some things are worded is sometimes very ambiguous. Like "Throw the horse over the fence some hay."
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.