Camera Land, IncUTS Web Solutions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a violation......................................... ......

Quote Originally Posted by NP Archery View Post
    Some of you are making this tag thing harder than it has to be.

Shoot yourself a deer. Tag said deer by validating your tag ( notch date, call in or echeck ect... whatever it takes) and attaching the tag to the deer. From that point on, the deer has been legally tagged. Whatever you do to it, keep the tag on it or with it until it makes it's way to a final spot, be it a processor or your freezer and you are good to go.

I've been tagging deer in this manner for more than 15 years and have never had any issues with a processor or LEO.
    Yep. Arguing with a stump.......If in doubt call SCDNR instead of asking opinions here.

Yep sitting on the couch you can think on all kind of problems and get arounds. BUT 99% will shoot a deer and tag it like they are supposed to. It is easy to rile up the non believers.

This is not a problem and those looking to thwart the tagging system will be disappointed and loose a lot of $ to boot.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I've been tagging antler less deer ever since the original metal ball tags had to be put through the lip. Those could be unlocked and reused if someone wanted to cheat the system. I was opposed to the buck limits and tags and still don't agree with the program; but see no reason to try and cheat the system or do something illegal. I will reiterate that many of us who were opposed to the new system pointed out that those who don't follow the rules or poach will not be deterred by the new program and evidently based on some of what I've read in this thread that is being born out. As was posted, some are making it harder than it has to be and even though I'm still not in favor of the buck portion or the fact that archery hunters can utilize the date specific antler less tags at any time, I have never been a game law violator and damn sure don't intend to start at this late age.

I also agree with Iceman about those looking to thwart the system, but at the same time hope they get caught and have to pay dearly when they do!!!!!!
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Yep. Arguing with a stump.......If in doubt call SCDNR instead of asking opinions here.
    don't really need to call them parallax posted it twice...well maybe your are right
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    I've been tagging antler less deer ever since the original metal ball tags had to be put through the lip. Those could be unlocked and reused if someone wanted to cheat the system. I was opposed to the buck limits and tags and still don't agree with the program; but see no reason to try and cheat the system or do something illegal. I will reiterate that many of us who were opposed to the new system pointed out that those who don't follow the rules or poach will not be deterred by the new program and evidently based on some of what I've read in this thread that is being born out. As was posted, some are making it harder than it has to be and even though I'm still not in favor of the buck portion or the fact that archery hunters can utilize the date specific antler less tags at any time, I have never been a game law violator and damn sure don't intend to start at this late age.

I also agree with Iceman about those looking to thwart the system, but at the same time hope they get caught and have to pay dearly when they do!!!!!!
    Tags work everywhere else so you can’t worry about the 1%ers. They are at risk.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Why not go over and above to follow the rules and regs?? instead of trying to find loopholes and trying to find ways to bend the regs? WE as hunters and lovers of the outdoors are to supposed to respect the game we pursue not try to figure out how to sneak by and disrespect the law and nature. Just My Opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12