Camera Land, IncWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Oops...

Default Oops...

Important lesson for first time muzzleloader shooters. Don't FORGET to remove the ramrod from the barrel before firing the gun!

Helped a newbie sight in a couple MLs this afternoon, after he was having some issues.

Solid aluminum ramrod, after hitting the target board at 50 yards...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

not the first time I have seen this unfortunately....one of the things that keep me from getting a smoke pole I think

glad nobody got hurt!
    Yippee Ki Yay

I was that idiot. Im glad the gun didn't blow up. It sure did recoil a bunch. About knocked me off the chair. I even got scope eye from the recoil.

Btw. anyone trying to sight in a muzzleloader, do not use TC superglide sabots. Superglides would not even hit a sheet of plywood at 50 yards. I switched to some of stlhunters sabots and tc mag express sabots and got 1 hole groups at 50 yards.

Well, when you shoot a 250 grain bullet, topped with a 1750 grain ramrod ( 2,000 grains total ) it's going to get your attention.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Well, when you shoot a 250 grain bullet, topped with a 1750 grain ramrod ( 2,000 grains total ) it's going to get your attention.
    like.png
    Yippee Ki Yay

While I think todays ML are pretty safe there are a whole list of things that can go wrong. It is amazing the country was settled and the west was won using such firearms.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I'm not familiar with muzzleloaders and was in hurry, which I shouldn't have been. Things happen no matter how proficient and safe we are. It was a good wake up call to make me lay more attention