Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: turkey shoot

Default turkey shoot

I saw another post asking about turkey shoots. I haven't seen any here around Oconee for many years.
    If anyone hears or knows of any, please post them.

I'm looking for one around the red bank area. Don't hear about them around here

This might be a little dated but it could be a resource for phone numbers, contacts, etc.
    http://www.turkeyshoot.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice seems to be dying off in the last 10-15 years. Used to be part of the fall celebrations around here, Some had special guns just for those shoots. Last one I saw was ran by the VFD as a fund raiser.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Chokes ruin them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Chokes evened the score somewhat but it is still mostly luck. Last time I shot in one I blew the paper off the target board and thought I won but got beat by a kid with a .410 that only had one hole in the paper that just happened to dot the exact point of the X on the target. That was my last shot in a turkey shoot. Happy for the kid but if luck has much to do with it I am not going to do well. I generally get enough free turkeys at the holidays anyway. They were more of a social gathering back in the day as you knew most of the people there. The good thing most are fund raisers for a good cause.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Chesnee has one every Saturday morning