Advertise on SCONCamera Land, Inc

Thread: Any fellow air gunners?

Default Any fellow air gunners?

Anyone else hunting there small game with an air rifle? I got into air rifles about six months ago. I find myself using my air rifle more than I do my rim rifle.

I've considered getting one but haven't. What air rifle do you use and what do you hunt. And a belated welcome to the site.

haven't since I was a kid on a regular basis...every once and a while we go on a tangent to reduce the herd with them
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
    I've considered getting one but haven't. What air rifle do you use and what do you hunt. And a belated welcome to the site.
    I have a Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1. .22 caliber. Gamo has some mixed review, but if you feed it the right pellets it's damm accurate. And obviously the more expensive games are a better quality. I wouldn't use it for competition shooting or anything, but if your aiming for a head shot on a squirrel your going to land it. I have it sighted is at 50 yards. But I can land a foot head shot on a squirrel at 60. I use JSB diablo pellets. I hunt squirrel, rabbit, dove, and crow with this rifle. Soon I wouldn't mind getting an air rifle made for big game. And thanks for the welcome.
    Last edited by TommyV; 11-10-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    haven't since I was a kid on a regular basis...every once and a while we go on a tangent to reduce the herd with them
    They are a hell of a lot of fun. I don't have much land and can shoot targets 50 yards out all day without pissing off the neighbors. Even when I go hunting I usually use my air rifle.
    Last edited by TommyV; 11-10-2017 at 12:31 AM.

my favorite of recent has been one of the Beeman in .20...Benjamin & Crossman in .177 and .22 growing up.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    my favorite of recent has been one of the Beeman in .20...Benjamin & Crossman in .177 and .22 growing up.
    The Benjamins are nice rifles. I really like the German made RSW's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
    The Benjamins are nice rifles.
    that is what I cut my teeth on...almost wish I had one today..haven't tried the RWS...one of my friends had a Rogue at one time and took a hog with it...I never got to shoot it.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Ive got a buddy with a 50cal,,,its very nice!
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
    Ive got a buddy with a 50cal,,,its very nice!
    I have been thinking about getting a. If cam PCP air rifle for some bigger game. Price point aside (which can be very bight for these types of rifles) I hate having to carry air tanks and pumps with me on the field. It is nice being able to fire consecutive shots, but I love just being able to grab my spring/gas piston air rifles and some pellets and I'm ready to go. I also enjoy have some type of recoil which PCP rifles really do not. Makes me a better skilled shooter.

I have a RWS I bought in 1981,A Tech Force 99 in 22 cal and a Hatsun in 25 cal and several of the Chinese B-3s.Killed a squirrel at over 60 yards with the 25 cal and I am pretty sure it and the Tech Force 22 will work at longer ranges.

I have the Beeman in .20 which shoots the 15.50 Silver Arrow pellets really well.
    It's my squirrel getter. 100_0148.jpg100_0097.jpg

I just picked up a Stoeger in .22 and am excited to get it dialed in. Almost every sit in a tree stand this season I've wished I had it with me, but wouldn't want to be making a big commotion.

Anybody ever shot a squirrel or two while waiting on deer?