Camera Land, IncWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Remington 870 super mag problems

Default Remington 870 super mag problems

Got my son this gun to duck hunt with.
    Have shot everything from 2 3/4 to 3 1/2.
    It tends to jam up a good bit. Anybody else
    have this problem or recommend a fix for it?
    Thanks in advance!

Is this the one with the Parkerized finish? If so, one of my children's Remington's had the same issue and Remington polished the finish on the parts as needed and that quickly took care of the problem.

I would imagine that a good quality gunsmith can do the same so that you did not have to ship the gun back to Remington

Quote Originally Posted by I Hunt View Post
    Is this the one with the Parkerized finish? If so, one of my children's Remington's had the same issue and Remington polished the finish on the parts as needed and that quickly took care of the problem.

I would imagine that a good quality gunsmith can do the same so that you did not have to ship the gun back to Remington
    Not sure what Parkerized finish is.. How can I️ tell?

probably matte looking and may be rough compared to regular bluing
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    probably matte looking and may be rough compared to regular bluing
    Ok, no it camo, thought you were referring to parts inside the gun.

Sorry for not explaining earlier. But, with a camo finish it still could have some of the same issue, too much finish on the ammo feed parts and it can cause jams.

Do you know a gunsmith close by that can take a look at it? Also, just to be sure, have you fed the shells through your gun and if so, have you had any similar issues. Just eliminating possiblilities

I know a couple buddies that donated their's to the bottom of lakes cause they were tired of the jams and repeated attempts to get them fixed.

i had a similar problem with a Remington 1100 mag shotgun. The only way it would function was to completely strip the gun even the action and clean and lube. I was going to sell it so I cleaned and lubed it stopped on the road on the way to work to fire it off to be sure it functioned. When I delivered to the gun shop who was handling the sale for me we notice the vent rib was broken loose and arching up. I returned it to Remington and got back what looked like a new gun with the same serial number. I didnít even take it out of the box and returned it to the shop to make the sale for me. I am not a Remington fan. I give them a hand though as they tried to make things right and may have for all I know. The gun was a major frustration. If it got wet it would never shoot more than one shell. Not to good in a duck blind.

I never could shoot that gun anyway. I replaced it with a Browning A 5 mag which never had a problem.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by I Hunt View Post
    Sorry for not explaining earlier. But, with a camo finish it still could have some of the same issue, too much finish on the ammo feed parts and it can cause jams.

Do you know a gunsmith close by that can take a look at it? Also, just to be sure, have you fed the shells through your gun and if so, have you had any similar issues. Just eliminating possiblilities
    We have done everything from shooting clays, dove, duck, and turkey with it.
    Lots of shots creates the jamming issue. Only issue with mag turkey loads is it slips in your back hand and the trigger guard about breaks your middle finger.