Camera Land, IncWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: First Black Coyote

Default First Black Coyote

Made it back home this weekend and like the last couple years, have lost interest in deer hunting at this point. So, the wife and I packed up the turbo dog Friday afternoon and set out for coyotes. The wind was perfect for our first set as we set up on an old fence line with one of our ponds to our backs. The wind was blowing into our face so any dog that tried to get down wind would have to go swimming to do so. The field we set up on was full of broom straw and dog fennel, and is bordered on two sides by a 4 year old cutover. Within 5 minutes of the caller coming on out pops this black coyote. The chess match had started. She began to circle the far end of the pasture dipping in and out of the straw and cedars along the fence. It was clear she was trying to circle to get down wind. She made the turn and disappeared, so I put the caller on pause and waited about a minute. Turn it back on but put the volume lower, she couldn't take it. She drew a b-line to the caller and was greeted with Hornady at 50 yards for her efforts. She was definitely a younger dog given the size, but still a lot of fun to match wits with.

black coyote.jpg

Nice job man! good looking coyote

Nice
    “Within every man is a kid who should never forget where he came from”
    Coach C

Default First Black Coyote

Cool looking yote, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by deerman; 12-09-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

Nice
    I never lose, either I win or I learn.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl4...KYrd6gYeMvlnbw