Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Have a Backup Plan

Default Have a Backup Plan

I was able to get out of Christmas shopping yesterday with the wife under two conditions : 1. Mulch the leaves in the yard. 2. I was responsible for dinner.
    Knocked out the leaves in short order and hooked the boat up, grabbed the dog and headed to Wylie. Tried to find crappie over brush in 25 feet but had to wade through perch. On the second pass over structure the drag starts screaming....catfish. Tried to nurse him to the boat, but the line pops. Time for Plan B. Pulled out the Penn and Carolina rigged a shiner. Less than five minutes later hooked up on a nice cat. Perfect that takes care of the dinner part.
    Left that spot after picking at perch. Ran out to deeper water to try trolling. The depth finder lit up with suspended fish in 15-20 ft. Couldn't get the full spread out before rods went down. Picked up three bass. All were around 1.5-2 lbs. At that point I had run out of bait and time. Made it home in time to watch the Panthers get handled.

SMCAT.jpgIMG_2774.jpg

Nicely done!

Nice. Fish right from the water to table are hard to beat.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Sure beats frozen fish sticks.

You gotta love it when a plan comes together! And BTW, I would have liked to be on Wylie with the super moon, its a great night lake.

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
    You gotta love it when a plan comes together! And BTW, I would have liked to be on Wylie with the super moon, its a great night lake.
    I really wanted to go Saturday night for that reason alone, but we had tickets to fight night in Charlotte.