Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Hunting Blinds

Default Hunting Blinds

Been looking at a few of the hub blinds, thinking about the Blackout 83 or the smaller blackout. They all look the same to me with about the same ratings. Any recommendations for something different or problems. Gotta help Santa pick out some more stuff.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Check out Snyper Hunting Products, I have about 8 or 10 different types, but the Snyper I bought last spring tops them all!!

Thanks Big Fork. I was really surprised by the review of the products on BPS and Cabelas. Nothing higher than 4 with most 3 or less seem to be dissatisfied customers. I take a look at Snyper
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Thanks Big Fork. I was really surprised by the review of the products on BPS and Cabelas. Nothing higher than 4 with most 3 or less seem to be dissatisfied customers. I take a look at Snyper
    Last edited by Iceman; 12-05-2017 at 10:09 AM. Reason: duble post
    Henry Ford

I've had several over the years going back to the original Ameristep doghouse model; but now I have two Ameristep Brickhouse models that I got from Buckmasters with some gift certificates a few years ago. They're great for deer and turkey, and in fact I have one up right now that I'd left out since turkey season. I believe they retail for around $130.00.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I have two of the old dog house blinds. They are ok. What a pain to get folded up sometimes.
    Henry Ford

I like my old Double Bull but any other hub blinds I have had seemed to always be broken. Kind made me stop buying them and went to other things (chair and Bush). I have had a couple of Dog Houses ...bit of a pain but OK
    Yippee Ki Yay

The dog house blinds don’t have any thing to break. I still have two. They are a little tight for a big guy and don’t work well for two people. Sometimes deer seem a little spooky around them I think because they are so tall. I have had deer come right up to them though.
    Henry Ford

My Ameristep hub blind has caused the demise of many Gobblers. Lets me hunt in the rain too.

A buddy of mine picked up a few Rhino blinds before the season this year and he has raved about them.

https://rhinoblinds.com/?utm_source=...ampaign=Blinds

He also has a couple Ameristep Element blinds.

http://www.ameristep.com/blinds/hub-...ent-blind.html

For most of his blinds, he puts them out before the season begins and leaves them out all season. He has a couple he reserves for what he calls "pop in/pop out" spots but even then, he'll set the blind up (completely brushes it in) a few days before he plans to hunt it to give the deer a chance to get acclimated to something new in the area.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    I like my old Double Bull but any other hub blinds I have had seemed to always be broken. Kind made me stop buying them and went to other things (chair and Bush). I have had a couple of Dog Houses ...bit of a pain but OK
    I have a portable blind that I use in a few particular spots; it's my golf cart. I covered it with an old camo ATV cover and then placed a folding turkey stake out blind to the front. I park it behind a tree and some brush and never get out. I've had does walk within five feet and never spook.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I have had does walk to me trying to figure me out on more than one occasion...kinda freaks them out when I wave at them cause I don't want them closer

I use Bush In A Bag and a chair a lot
    Last edited by Jester896; 12-06-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Well I bought three different ones for Santa and gifts. So maybe I will be able to soon write a review.
    Henry Ford

Sometimes I'll just sit on a stool in some brush while wearing my ghillie suit I bought from scoutdoo.

I remember I walked right up on some turkeys 2 different times in a Scent Blocker Leafy Suit.
    Yippee Ki Yay

I have several of the Oversized Rhino blinds, Have killed some nice deer out of them....
    “Within every man is a kid who should never forget where he came from”
    Coach C

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    I remember I walked right up on some turkeys 2 different times in a Scent Blocker Leafy Suit.
    The Ghillie suits are deadly on turkey too. They don’t seem to figure them out even after you shoot.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    The Ghillie suits are deadly on turkey too. They don’t seem to figure them out even after you shoot.
    Iceman my ghillie suit works great scaring the crap out of my 16 y/o son when he is picking up limbs, lol I like the suits when I am hunting cut overs, work great for me.
    “Within every man is a kid who should never forget where he came from”
    Coach C

I bought mine specifically for turkey hunting, but have found it to be very useful at times while deer hunting. I often wear just the top when using a couple of old ladder stands that have nothing but a seat on top of a ladder and no means of wrapping them with any type of concealment.