Camera Land, IncUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Francis Marion Forest hogs

Default Francis Marion Forest hogs

Any one have any information on where to hunt hogs in the Francie Marion wildlife area? It is over 300,000 acres and I would like to know where to start, especially the Wambaw area. I have a map from DNR of the area and would appreciate things like a street name or area to start looking. Thanks, David

There are hogs throughout wambaw unit. A good way to start, is to ride down the roads and look for rooting in the ditches. That will clue you in to general areas they might be. Just pay attention to what weapons you can use. During small game season you have to use small game weapons

Thanks for the good tip.. I have a 22 magnum ready for them after today. Any other tips from anyone?

if Anyone is interested in joining me to hunt in the Francis Marion, let me know. More eyes and ears means more chances to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    There are hogs throughout wambaw unit. A good way to start, is to ride down the roads and look for rooting in the ditches. That will clue you in to general areas they might be. Just pay attention to what weapons you can use. During small game season you have to use small game weapons
    When you find sign turn out a cur dog. Sit back and relax. When you hear her barking go to her and shoot the hog. Works every time half the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Might want to be careful in Wambaw and not get on private land.I know for a fact there are hogs on the north side of Willow Hall road and on State land off Guerrin Bridge road.I hope you have pocket full off .22 Mag or a good catch dog and a good pack. I killed a hog in there that bottomed out a Cabela's 350# scale.