Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Jamil Gn Show

Default Jamil Gn Show

Was terrible. Not many revolvers. Mostly plastic squirt guns. Prices butt high to a giraffe. Not much buying going on. There a a couple of things i was looking for but failed to see. We hit Sportsman's Whse/PSA & Shooter's Choice........My $$$ is still safe! Ate BBQ at Hudson's(good!) before heading back to the woods.

I used to not miss those shows but I must admit I haven't been to one there in several years now. Heck, I rarely go to shows anymore come to think of it!
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Greenville show is this coming wknd, much bigger show. Normally I have 2 tables but can't do this one have a conflict.

I quit going to the Greenville show when cars started being towed for not parking in the pay parking area.It was so crowded you could not see much and what you could see was way over priced.

Gun shows...Pfft...Botique of "tactical beef jerky" dogged out used guns at 2 1/2times what they are worth, and the usual assortment of millenial cammo-clad wannabe commandos...what's not to like.
    FWIW! If you want to buy overpriced used guns.. just go to Cabelas..... same deal plus you won't have to pay for parking!

[QUOTE=RonSC;307058]Gun shows...Pfft...Botique of "tactical beef jerky" dogged out used guns at 2 1/2times what they are worth, and the usual assortment of millenial cammo-clad wannabe commandos...what's not to like. QUOTE]

Now that's funny right there
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Sadly all true. But when you seek S&W revolvers you sometimes have to wade the "swamp" to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Sadly all true. But when you seek S&W revolvers you sometimes have to wade the "swamp" to find them.
    If I see someone with a cache of S&W I will let you know. Might shorten the chase.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

sometimes deals can be found, but they are rare. I always like the Jamil show. Usually the only one with blue and walnut. most of the rest are tactical. I like old stuff I guess. Last one I went to I saw an old beat up humpback for 900 bucks. At that rate mine are worth 2k each

The deals at the show are in a hard to find item you have been looking for or in consumables sometime even ammo. When Bama was president and 5.56 got scare they were the only place I could find any. Maybe expensive but they had it.
    Henry Ford

I wouldn't mind having a good S&W .357 just not sure what I want.

sometimes it doesn't matter what things cost...you just have to weigh it out...sometimes it is better to have what you need/want than not have it.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Ive paid way more for stuff because its what I wanted. As long as you are happy, its all that matters. Jester, find you an old 686, they are slick. I know a guy that has a highway patrol edition 66 in the wood box along with an elmer keith edition model 29 in the box. I'm trying to talk myself into that keith model.

I have some. Now I seek a 2" mdl. 15 or a 3" mdl. 10/64/65. Last Smith I bought was a 4" 38/44 from a pawnshop in Lavonia, Ga. With the internet everybody now thinks their stuff is like gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a good S&W .357 just not sure what I want.

sometimes it doesn't matter what things cost...you just have to weigh it out...sometimes it is better to have what you need/want than not have it.
    Got a S&W model 19 in 357 than is a pleasure to shoot. Not to bad to open carry either.
    Henry Ford

you are right sir. There are deals to be found. I have an ffl buddy that does it for fun and a little profit. Instead of raping people, he gives good deals. Ive picked up lots of nice older things from him reasonable. I bought a pristine S&W 63 kit gun from a guy a few years ago that had no idea what he had. Gave him 275 for it.

You want to buy used guns use armslist, you want to just look and pick stuff up go to a gun show

Quote Originally Posted by frankb View Post
    You want to buy used guns use armslist, you want to just look and pick stuff up go to a gun show
    Lots of scammers on armlist. I won't use it...........I have used Gunbroker in the past.............

Just curious, what do they do to scam you?
    Henry Ford

it has been reported that some have captured pictures from other sites and listed the items as theirs. Send them the funds and they send you nada. There are usually signs, like not being able to send you specific pictures, not providing a phone for contact...just electronic

most of it would have shipping involved...not a FTF
    Yippee Ki Yay

Thanks, good to know. I never bought anything on either arms list or gun broker. If you use a credit card you have recourse but then the scammer has your credit card number along with the identifying data expiration date and CV number. I think gun broker handles the credit card or debit card transaction on their site.
    Henry Ford

I traded a gun thru armslist yesterday, buy, sell and trade there often actually. Other than low ballers Ive never had a problem but I always deal FTF, cash in hand. Met some nice people dealing thru armslist, but whatever floats your boat

Quote Originally Posted by frankb View Post
    I traded a gun thru armslist yesterday, buy, sell and trade there often actually. Other than low ballers Ive never had a problem but I always deal FTF, cash in hand. Met some nice people dealing thru armslist, but whatever floats your boat
    the difference for you is FTF...just can't see many of those going south except the one that wants to take your gun
    Yippee Ki Yay

BTW- There is a gun show this weekend at the TD Convention ctr in Greenville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    the difference for you is FTF...just can't see many of those going south except the one that wants to take your gun
    probably true, but like all dealings with buying and selling outside of a store, those things can happen. Only had one out of town that acted squirrely, a buddy standing back and over seeing the deal made sure it didnt go sideways. Deal got done and all was good. But I learned something from that one, never sell someone you dont know a gun and have loaded magazines for it nearby. If youre including ammo in the deal keep it out of reach and out of magazines until the deal is done. DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by vermontlad View Post
    BTW- There is a gun show this weekend at the TD Convention ctr in Greenville.
    That's usually a very good show.

Glad ya'll are not the majority in the way you feel about the shows. I am a vendor at the shows and always try and be fair when I buy or sell. Therein a thing called the Blue Book, some people walking around with guns for sale need to invest in one. Usually there are some S&W collectors in Greenville that have alt of guns for sale. I bought a 98% Fiberclass Sako last show from a guy walking around with it for sale, paid a fair price for it. If I keep it to shoot great , if I decide to sell it, I might make 10% on my investment, not much of a return is it . I do the shows because I enjoy seeing what comes thru the door and talking to people. You don't have to buy or sell, it's your choice but all deals are not 2 1/2 times over valued.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    You don't have to buy or sell, it's your choice but all deals are not 2 1/2 times over valued.
    I usually bring the BB and leave it in the truck. They stamp your hand so going out and back in isn't usually a problem. If you pay 2 1/2 over value it is on you.
    the problem I usually find is usually the seller has over rated their item whether it is Kings or %
    Yippee Ki Yay

Several times I have brought guns to the TD Convention center to sell. About 80% of the times I have sold them after walking thru the door as buyers stand in the doorway wanting first dibs before other buyers get their chance. I have never bought a firearm there but it one instance, made a swap. Generally I buy targets, cleaning patches and things like that. I love seeing the old stuff which is generally overpriced. It can get crowded so I generally make a few passes in order to see what I may have missed on the first go around.

Friend and I made a road gun shopping trip yesterday. Hit all the pawn shops in Orangeburg. Wound up at Palmetto State Armory in Columbia. He found what he was after and I bought my first ever plastic pistol. A S&W m&p shield M2.0 in 9mm. Its about the same size as my 642 that I've carried for the last 20 years. Still seeking a 3" mdl 10/13/64/65.
    Last edited by The Happy Kaboomer; 02-10-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Friend and I made a road gun shopping trip yesterday. Hit all the pawn shops in Orangeburg. Wound up at Palmetto State Armory in Columbia. He found what he was after and I bought my first ever plastic pistol. A S&W m&p shield M2.0 in 9mm. Its about the same size as my 642 that I've carried for the last 20 years. Still seeking a 3" mdl 10/13/64/65.
    those are fun trips. I haven't been since my buddy left. We went to the better ones here and one in AL a couple of time a year. One of my other ones would tag along every once and a while. Sometimes the Awffle Waffle or the fantastic place we found for lunch were the best parts...sometimes we came home with more than a belly full.
    Yippee Ki Yay