Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermySouthern Junkey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody catching

Awesome. Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    The Cats are hitting good at the Diversion Canal. We caught all I felt like cleaning in 1.5 hours, then released everything else until we got tired of catching them. Quit fishing at 9:30. Drifting Shrimp on a bottom bouncing rig.
    Congrats to Red (and you too).
    Worship the LORD, not His creation.

Had a big time this morning. TR Callmaker had the biggest at 8lb 15oz.

You guys are really dragging them Spur. Nice pictures.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Thanks. It ain't all big bass. Saturday morning we fished a new pond and just caught a pile of stunted fish, over 40 but nothing over 3/4lb. I told knucklehead it was our duty to sore mouth every fish possible.

Good deal. Love pond fishing ponds. But haven’t had a chance in years

Lil'Red and I fished the Edisto this morning. She caught some 1/2 pound Bream on Crickets...then we started casting weedless frogs for Bass. Took her a few missed strikes, to get the hang of waiting a second after the fish struck before setting the hook. Most of the Bass we caught were 1 to 1.5 pounders, and we missed a lot of smaller fish. I got a 6 pounder, and also caught a nice Crappie on a Frog.

Quit fishing at 11:00 because it was getting to darn hot...

She likes the Frogs since it's hard to get them snagged on cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stlhunr; 06-20-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

The eldest boy and I fished a while Saturday morning at a friend of my father law’s pond. We caught a few bream and some bass. The boy and I was in one boat and momma and pops in the other. Was a fun filled morning that wore the little man out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

Fun stuff

some solid fish being caught...

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    The eldest boy and I fished a while Saturday morning at a friend of my father law’s pond. We caught a few bream and some bass. The boy and I was in one boat and momma and pops in the other. Was a fun filled morning that wore the little man out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gettem Leland. Congrats!

I guess that's Leland in the Superman tee? Absolutely fantastic pics.!!! I had a rough day, but to see the excitement in this little fella's face, Made my day. Thanks.

Took a day of vacation yesterday and fished. Gonna be hard for us to top that one.

That’s a cool video, makes me want to get out on the water!

Took Lil'Red and her Mom fishing this morning. Fished the Diversion Canal again, except this trip the current was kind of slow...which makes the Catfish less active. Ended up keeping 15 Cats, more than I wanted to clean, BUT the Wife gives you the evil eye when you try to release her fish, after we already had all I wanted to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by spur hunter View Post
    Took a day of vacation yesterday and fished. Gonna be hard for us to top that one.
    Love it

- - - Updated - - -

Took Lil'Red and her Mom fishing this morning. Fished the Diversion Canal again, except this trip the current was kind of slow...which makes the Catfish less active. Ended up keeping 15 Cats, more than I wanted to clean, BUT the Wife gives you the evil eye when you try to release her fish, after we already had all I wanted to clean.
    Makes me jealous. I love fishing the canal

that's a bunch of nuggets right there
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    that's a bunch of nuggets right there

Fillets for frying ( actually only the tail section, about 1/3 length cut from the larger fillets ) on the left, and nuggets/chunks on the right, for stew or frying.

Cooked up a bunch a couple of weekends ago at my folks place up at the lake. Thought I cooked to much, but there was nothing left but crumbs after dinner...

Looks good. What time is supper?
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Looks like sore arms all around stlhunr. Congrats!

Looks like sore arms all around stlhunr. Congrats!
    Their arms were a little sore. I just played guide and watched them fish. I managed to get stabbed in a finger by one of the Catfish spines though. Haven't done that in a long time, and it still hurt as much as I remember...

Looks like there aren't any Bass up your way without sore lips.

Mercy.. hate I missed that!
    Yippee Ki Yay

MLPF 6-29-18. Still trying to learn our way around and unlock the pattern on this reservoir.

Big fish 3lb 4oz.

Quote Originally Posted by spur hunter View Post
    MLPF 6-29-18. Still trying to learn our way around and unlock the pattern on this reservoir.

Big fish 3lb 4oz.
    Looks about like your unlocking it alright!!

No sir. Reservoir #2 is still a bit of a mystery. It gets much more fishing pressure, especially around the banks, but has large areas of open water and depth to 16' in places. Next trip we are going to concentrate more on creek channels out there. The big fish are there, we just haven't figured them out yet.

Good trip Saturday drifting for cats on Wylie. Partner bailed at the last minute so went by myself. Went down to the seafood market and bought some whiting, wanted perch but that is all they had. I confirmed never to buy fish to eat at that market, nasty but ok for bait. Caught bait on the lake but didn’t want to go without anything. New to drifting but like it. It is not just drop it in and drift if you expect to catch anything. Even a short drift over the right structure is better than a long drift over flat bottom. Beautifull day not to hot, not many boats. Ended up with a dishpan full of filets, mostly blues. We had fresh fish for supper last night. Haven’t done that in a while, forgot how good it can be.

I left my sea anchors at home so was at the mercy of the wind to set drift speed. I always thought drifting about .5 mph was about right but got more pull down at 1 mph. What speed do you accomplished drifters go for. Found my gps was invaluable in drifting in gettin in the hot spot. A learning adventure. Lookin forward to going again the weekend. Want to have a fish fry.
    Last edited by Iceman; 07-09-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Henry Ford

We fished the Edisto this morning. River was low so could not get to where we really wanted fish. Caught Redbreast, Warmouth and Bluegills on Crickets or Beetle Spins. Redbreast were slamming my Tiny Torpedo too, caught about 6 of the dozens of aggressive strikes I was getting.

Stayed in one cove for about three hours drowning Crickets. Lil'Red caught a nice Pumpkin Seed Bream on her long pole ( or it's a hybrid of some kind ) not sure which. After getting tired of Bream fishing she wanted to do some worm fishing for B a s s so I rigged her up a Texas rigged worm. She fished that for about an hour and caught six Bass on it. Biggest one was about 2.25 pounds.

We also got to see a Sturgeon ( about 5 feet long ) that jumped completely out of the water a good 4 feet or so, about 15 yards from our boat as we were drifting down river. That is only the second one of those I've ever seen in the Edisto.

We fished the Edisto this morning. River was low so could not get to where we really wanted fish. Caught Redbreast, Warmouth and Bluegills on Crickets or Beetle Spins. Redbreast were slamming my Tiny Torpedo too, caught about 6 of the dozens of aggressive strikes I was getting.

Stayed in one cove for about three hours drowning Crickets. Lil'Red caught a nice Pumpkin Seed Bream on her long pole ( or it's a hybrid of some kind ) not sure which. After getting tired of Bream fishing she wanted to do some worm fishing for B a s s so I rigged her up a Texas rigged worm. She fished that for about an hour and caught six Bass on it. Biggest one was about 2.25 pounds.

We also got to see a Sturgeon ( about 5 feet long ) that jumped completely out of the water a good 4 feet or so, about 15 yards from our boat as we were drifting down river. That is only the second one of those I've ever seen in the Edisto.
    My daddy swore he caught a Sturgeon in santee on time. Years ago

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    My daddy swore he caught a Sturgeon in santee on time. Years ago
    There are Sturgeon in the Tail Race Canal below Lake Moultrie, so no doubt they should be in the lakes, since they could come in through the lock system.

Good trip, I bet Lil Red would outfish most the grown men on here!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast