Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody catching

Let me throw you guys with small kids a bone. The white perch on Wylie are thick as thieves. Ties three or four crappie jigs on a line with a one ounce weight and you can catch them four at the time. Not real big but the gigs never make it to the bottom. Fun catching and fast action for kids. You can catch them by the hundreds. Most humps and ledges are stacked and are in 18 to 25 feet of water. Take em Fishing. Fast action so it will keep them interested.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Good post Iceman!
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Last couple weekends.

Worship the LORD, not His creation.

nice string of sore lips Knuck, TR, and you have!
    Yippee Ki Yay

Keep em coming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Let me throw you guys with small kids a bone. The white perch on Wylie are thick as thieves. Ties three or four crappie jigs on a line with a one ounce weight and you can catch them four at the time. Not real big but the gigs never make it to the bottom. Fun catching and fast action for kids. You can catch them by the hundreds. Most humps and ledges are stacked and are in 18 to 25 feet of water. Take em Fishing. Fast action so it will keep them interested.
    Catch any jumbos. And were abouts did you catch em ?

The perch were on all the flats from the Withers Cove down below Danger Island. I caught some big enough to keep and clean but released them all. Some small, some big as your hand. I was just playing while drifting for cats. I caught 50 or 60 in about 20 minutes. Tried to get the wife to take a try but she declined. When you get the first bite don’t wind just let it fight and all your hooks will load up. I suspect they are all over the lake like that. Easy to mark on sonar.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

A little progress made on unlocking the pattern at reservoir #2.

Fished the Cooper River for a couple of hours this morning. Kept 4 nice Bream for fish sandwiches. Didn't catch as many as we usually do, but then I didn't really want to clean fish anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Awesome, congrats!

Pretty interesting posting

Fished solo Friday on my nemesis reservoir #2. Lost 3 big fish (5-6lbs) at boat side. Bad hook set, wrapped around a dock post, tangled up in submerged tree top, each left me muttering very ugly words. Managed a few small bass and a couple a little over 2lbs but better yet, I think I learned a little bit more about the puzzle.

Keep it up Gonna try hartwel Sunday morning for a little me and Jesus time. If you guys know what i mean... im my opinion there is no way to get closer than on the lake or in the woods. And i hear they are doin pretty good also!!

The last couple weekends I've spent a decent amount of time trolling crankbaits for crappie and catfish. The crappies have been few and far between, but the channel cat bite has been hot. Catching most of them in 12-18' FOW and pulling cranks at around 7-10'. Catching most of them on crawdad and blue and chartreuse colors.

In reference to the perch reports on Wylie. They are thick in the 15-20' FOW range. Haven't caught any with any real size in over a month. Perfect size to use for bait though!!!

I kept about 20 perch each of the last couple weeks. They are still there indeed. I think you could catch the bigger ones but the small one beat them out. Their mouths are stuffed full of 1" shad. They do make good bait. Have been catching blue cats in 20 to 25 feet drifting when there is enough wind to drift.
    Henry Ford

59lbs 14oz with 20 fish this morning. 8lb 2 oz was largest fish.

Good catch anywhere these days. Those first two are short and stumpy looking fish. They are swelled up all the way to the tail
    Henry Ford

That ain't right...maybe TR can sit on the other end of the boat next time...good job you 2
    Yippee Ki Yay

I don't know if running the trolling motor and being in the back of the boat helps but I clean up pretty good from back there sometimes.

Looks like he had a great time. Congrats!

Friday morning was a little slow.

Hartwel should be on fire!!!

My son really been wanting to go fishing this week but since schooled started back this week we havent been able to go but i made sure we would go this morning before i had to head to work for a quick trip even if it was for only a hour i always have fun fishing with son.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Congrats. Friday was a very nice day too. Fish ran smaller, figure there must have been more feeding ahead of this high pressure system.
    [

Love seeing all the pics.

Friday AM. No big bites but a nice morning.

More little fish Friday eve.

The BEST salt water fishing is the end of the month into Oct
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Fished the Edisto this morning. Caught 30+ Bass on top water & spinner baits. Nothing big but lots of action. Bream and Redbreast were hitting my fire tiger skitter-pop pretty regular so I fished a small fire tiger Rapala as well. They didn't go after that as hard as the skitter pop though...guess it wasn't BIG enough for them, but still caught plenty on it.

Managed to hook a dozen or so Bream on the skitter pop too. It's funny how hard they strike that thing. Used the fly rod as well for the Bream, but again not as many strikes as the BIG lure was getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Fished the Edisto this morning. Caught 30+ Bass on top water & spinner baits. Nothing big but lots of action. Bream and Redbreast were hitting my fire tiger skitter-pop pretty regular so I fished a small fire tiger Rapala as well. They didn't go after that as hard as the skitter pop though...guess it wasn't BIG enough for them, but still caught plenty on it.

Managed to hook a dozen or so Bream on the skitter pop too. It's funny how hard they strike that thing. Used the fly rod as well for the Bream, but again not as many strikes as the BIG lure was getting.
    Nice. Love to have a mess of those big bream.
    Henry Ford

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast