Camera Land, IncAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Something you rarely see on your game camera!

Default Something you rarely see on your game camera!

Caught this massive "buzzsaw" on my camera last week, sitting on the gas line. After talking with Dominion, I knew they were coming through as it was time for the 5yr rotation to clear the RoW on this gasline. The good part is this season I will able to see further up the gas line now. The bad part is my stand is attached to a big oak at the edge, and when they trimmed it, a couple limbs dropped through the Ondura roof I put on it. So now have to replace the roof asap. I'm hoping they will send a crew through there to pick up the mess! In the last pic, you can see a falling limb, just before it hits the ground.

MFDC6105.jpg

MFDC6106.jpg

MFDC6108.jpg

MFDC6109.jpg
    Last edited by Huntmaster; 02-17-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    Born to hunt, but forced to work. Wish I would hurry up and win the lottery!

Had a helicopter fly past to me on a power line once just above the tree tops, while I was sitting in a tree. Sure glad it wasn't using one of those saws.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Huntmaster View Post
    Caught this massive "buzzsaw" on my camera last week, sitting on the gas line. After talking with Dominion, I knew they were coming through as it was time for the 5yr rotation to clear the RoW on this gasline. The good part is this season I will able to see further up the gas line now. The bad part is my stand is attached to a big oak at the edge, and when they trimmed it, a couple limbs dropped through the Ondura roof I put on it. So now have to replace the roof asap. I'm hoping they will send a crew through there to pick up the mess! In the last pic, you can see a falling limb, just before it hits the ground.

MFDC6105.jpg

MFDC6106.jpg

MFDC6108.jpg

MFDC6109.jpg

I HIGHLY doubt it. If they need to come in and do repairs to the line they will. Other than that, it may be 15 years before they have to come in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Had a helicopter fly past to me on a power line once just above the tree tops, while I was sitting in a tree. Sure glad it wasn't using one of those saws.
    I did that myself, but they were spraying.

Never see choppers but do see a lot of planes dropping fertilizer like dive bombers. I one saw a maintenance train with four flails on it coming down a track. You could hear it miles a way and they grew wood chunks two to three hundred feet.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

They just clear cut out lease in Marion cty, the tree with my feeder attached is the only tree standing in 150 acres. They were kind to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt it. If they need to come in and do repairs to the line they will. Other than that, it may be 15 years before they have to come in there.

- - - Updated - - -

I did that myself, but they were spraying.
    Well, believe it or not they actually did send a crew through there to do a little clean up. It looks like their main purpose was basically damage control. They fixed one of their signs that somehow got knocked down when the helicopter came through. They actually picked up the limbs that were in my food plot and tossed them to the side, but that was the ONLY place they picked them up. They also pulled some limbs that had landed on the ladder to my stand, and they pulled a couple limbs off the top of my stand that they could reach. When the saw cut them, they landed on the roof and knocked three holes in it, so I'll have to replace the roof as soon as I can get a chance to do it. What they did is a little better than nothing lol.

MFDC6839.jpg

MFDC6825.jpg

Good for those guys to get out and pick up the limbs out of your plot b/c I'm sure they weren't "ordered" to do so.

I miss them cutting ours every year or so. Now instead of cutting they come around every 3-4 years and spray.

Same here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Those guys work out of the Marion Airport when they’re contracted in our area. Spoke with both pilots and exclaimed they were living the life I would love to live. Well, both proceeded to tell me it’s fun the first few hours and then becomes just a job. (Travel and long hours) The preceding weeks then produced one chopper going down(pilot walked away)and then another putting most of Dillon County in the dark. Seems that it could be a rough job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

What's insane is people who think the Goverment removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe.

Dang...cool pics....glad you weren't there checking the camera .

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Good for those guys to get out and pick up the limbs out of your plot b/c I'm sure they weren't "ordered" to do so.

I miss them cutting ours every year or so. Now instead of cutting they come around every 3-4 years and spray.
    Just getting around to posting these, but they came back again with a tractor running a Brown bushog to shred what was left laying on the ground. That is one bad ass bushog, if you haven't seen one the rear of the deck will raise up and they just back into a tree (or pile of limbs) and mow it down. Some parts of the deck are made of 1/2" steel, they weigh over a ton! Still a lot of pretty good sized limbs scattered everywhere, and I've yet to repair the holes in the Ondura roof on my stand where some limbs dropped through it.

MFDC7193.jpg

MFDC7198.jpg

MFDC7205.jpg

MFDC7369.jpg

MFDC7364.jpg

Brown Tree Cutters are some of the best stuff out there...their regular bush hags are fantastic too.
    Yippee Ki Yay