Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermySouthern Junkey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decline in Hunting Threatens How US Pays for Conservation

Quote Originally Posted by spur hunter View Post
    I think you will find out that you are doing exactly what you need to do. Neither of us would trade places with an illegal or someone on welfare. Still the greatest nation on earth and much to be thankful for.
    Well said, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...heres-why.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm only saving about half of what is recommended. Thanks for the link. Definitely a shove in the right direction for me.

I enjoyed it. I don't expect to ever be a 1% but I sure hope to retire without a change on lifestyle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

So perhaps the adults commitment to chase financial wealth instead of spending the time with their kids on the water and in the woods is the culprit ? I made sure my son learned how to hunt, rabbit,squirrel,hog, turkey and deer. He knows how to catch b******************** crappie, catfish, trout and bream. So he had many options other than setting around playing Idiot games. I could have worked a lot more, or several jobs at once, I chose to spend every minute possible with family. The kids are the future sportsman...how much have we invested in them ?

Never be in the 1% either however I intend to live my later years is a reasonable style, not extravagant. Probably never retire because I may not want to. Be nice not to work everyday though. Saving for the future is not a bad thing if you have the money to spare however you need to provide for your family and live your live too while your are still young enough to do some of those thing you WISH for. You only get one time through life so get out of it what you want. Enjoy the good times and make peace with the regrets.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123