Advertise on SCONSwamp Boogers

Thread: Nobody fishing?

Default Nobody fishing?

Nobody been? Come on guys , tell me a report good or bad

Last time I went freshwater fishing was 2 weeks ago, caught 5 Crappie. Went saltwater fishing one day last week, caught 1 Trout. Just haven't been all that interested in fishing this spring, I'll get after them in May though, and for sure when my little fishing buddy gets out of school.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Messed around between Pack's and Sparkleberry last Friday. Shellcracker were biting good. Caught some bluegill as well.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Messed around between Pack's and Sparkleberry last Friday. Shellcracker were biting good. Caught some bluegill as well.
    We there Saturday and it was slow. My 1st time there and mid-day may have been some of the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Default Nobody fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    We there Saturday and it was slow. My 1st time there and mid-day may have been some of the problem.

We started fishing probably about 12-12:30 pm. Crickets were all they would bite in 4-6 ft of water by trees. We were in the trees away from the landing. Started down close to the trussle and worked toward the swamp. We crossed over mud lake but not as much luck. As the afternoon wore on the bite slowed. Did see a big gator though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Nicde. We were using red worms. Thanks for the feedback. We fished the trees around the start of Sparkleberry.

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    Nicde. We were using red worms. Thanks for the feedback. We fished the trees around the start of Sparkleberry.

Crickets seem to be the most consistent bait they bite. I have done well on worms but always take 100 crickets.

I fished a bass tourny on Murray last week, took 19lbs to win, big fish was about 6.6lbs. I caught 1 striper on spinnerbait, 4 bass on lizards. My partner caught 5, all on lizard. All were caught in shallow water. The bite was good but should be getting better.

Just got off the phone with a charter capt friend of mine,,,,salt water fishing sucks right now. If you go,,,,use cut blue crab for the red drum.

The way the fronts are blasting through here makes it tuff! Water temp is still a little cool.
    I never did like spring fishing......Should be a lot better come late May-June
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Went offshore last saturday, cleaned up on black finish tuna, did some in the smoker, hard to beat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hate drowning cricket. You guys have any luck with artificials on the bream.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Hahahaha,,,,Whats wrong with a cricket Iceman?

Hey,,,,don't forget the "ProCure if you use artificals.....I used it for years on plastic baits. IT WORKS!!!

http://pro-cure.com/store/bait-scent...r-gel-217.html
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Hate drowning cricket. You guys have any luck with artificials on the bream.
    Most of the Bream/Shellcrackers we catch are taken on Beetle Spins. Also use Rooster Tails and mini Rebels/Crankbaits sometimes. I use a flyrod too mostly with popping bugs, or bead head nymphs. Got Lil'Red a 5 weight flyrod for this year.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

I typically Panther Martin, Rooster Tail and beetle spins.

Crickets and worms for the girls.

Last bream trip was to a farm pond. Used a one inch grub on 1/32 oz head. Out caught the cricket dunkers 2 to one and bigger fish too. Never had luck with the beetle spin type bait. But will give them a try again.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Dug out some panfish gear yesterday. Thought all gone but still have plenty of grubs and curly tails as well as cloths pin spinners. Been striped of my rod though gonna have to repo it or get a new one.
    Henry Ford

in the salt reds are hitting strong now, trout are starting up... I was in the river last weekend... water is finally starting to warm up a little and the winds are calming...

BIL caught 8 dolphin yesterday and I'm seeing reports much higher!

I'll be back in it next week hunting sheepshead

Yeah,,,the salt has picked up with the warmer water.
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Mahi are starting to pick up offshore. Still not consistent size and numbers. Buddy of mine went out two weeks ago and caught 30, went back out 6 days later and struggled to put 6 on the deck.
    The wife and I went to Santee last weekend and put 4 cats in the boat. Biggest was 5 lbs and smallest was 3. All in the canal and all on cut perch or shad. 3 out of 4 came on santee rigs with rattles.

Loaded up going in the morning. Bass beware
    Henry Ford

went fishing in the salt yesterday, caught about 25 sheepshead and a few small black sea bass on inshore pilings... kept one sheepshead for dinner, tagged and released the rest... it was an awesome morning!! left out early, back in by noon...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    went fishing in the salt yesterday, caught about 25 sheepshead and a few small black sea bass on inshore pilings... kept one sheepshead for dinner, tagged and released the rest... it was an awesome morning!! left out early, back in by noon...
    Any good size on the sheep?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frankb View Post
    Went offshore last saturday, cleaned up on black finish tuna, did some in the smoker, hard to beat
    Im jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Any good size on the sheep?

- - - Updated - - -
    several in between 16"-20" ... majority smaller though, but fun to catch!
    caught one nice red off of the pilings too

Caught about 25 bass Saturday in the mudhole. Nothing big had one about 3 pounds. Fish not yet orientated to the muddy water is seems. Fish were =not on the heavy cover as I would have expected. Well crankbaits work too in the mud.
    Henry Ford

Caught 20 bream and 20 catfish Saturday. As much I wanted to clean in one sitting.

Don’t know what it was about this afternoon but me and a friend of mine went this afternoon and caught 30-40 bass and the 5 biggest were pushing 25lbs. Awesome day..