Camera Land, IncUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Ruger American 30-06 Trigger

Default Ruger American 30-06 Trigger

Got a like new,2014 Ruger American 30-06 in a trade a couple years back, had never shot it,so today I scoped it out with a Taco 3X9X50 scope ( $50 @ Wal-Mart**) __ lazer / bore sighted it and took her to the range ___ wow,just wow !! This rifle shoots as well as any in my safe, several shots and was covering an inch at 50 yds -- then moved over to the 100yd. target and all 4 shots were within an inch, just shooting a little high* ( was using my lead sled**) -- shot some 168gr. Sierra Matchking BTHP and some Winchester 150gr, PoweMax Bonded, the rifle liked both** --

what I liked best was the ""Marksman Trigger"" -- had never shot a trigger like this & was skeptical at first,but that little "squeeze" before firing,just made it more accurate for me, it seemed ( made it easy to hit red zone) --- I have a Savage Axis .308,but was before the Accutrigger,which seems to be about the same as the Ruger Marksman?? How about you guys that have shot them,like ??,hate,?? what's your thinking on this type trigger ??

Ruger_American_Rifle_Trigger.jpgIMG_2156 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Big Monk; 05-10-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Yep. I have the same gun. Same year. Nice trigger and very accurate. Wasn’t sure I’d like the magazine but it has never failed me.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

Daughter has the Ruger American Compact in 243, and a Ruger American Rimfire Compact in 22 LR. I have a Ruger American Rimfire in 22 WMR...all are tack drivers.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Glad to hear all the comments are ""good" -- hard to beat the price and American made rifle too**** -- my buddy has a newer Savage,( bought from Dick's ) that he says shoots fine for a couple of shots,then starts drifting on him, as it heats up ?? So far, my 2014 Axis 308 seems to holds a pattern pretty well -- did have it , not want to eject a spent shell once ( sorta seized-up maybe??) __ but after it finally came free,it has never done that again -- still don't know what caused that ?? -- have a great day,my friends,__MONK***