Advertise on SCONSouthern Junkey

Thread: How deep can you shoot fish underwater

Default How deep can you shoot fish underwater

As title says, how deep can you shoot a fish before arrow deflects or loses energy?

I think Mythbusters had a segment about bullet travel in water. Canít remember the results. Iím sure itís different than an arrow though.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

I saw that one too BB....
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

I would think reliably about the length of the arrow. One the fletching reach the water the arrow will loose speed rapidly as the drag on the fletching take over.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I would think reliably about the length of the arrow. One the fletching reach the water the arrow will loose speed rapidly as the drag on the fletching take over.
    Always removed the rubber fletching for fish arrows myself. Depends on the angle of the shot as to how deep. Close above the fish, shooting less angle at the fish is easier than further from the fish due to refraction. Think about 4 feet almost straight down is the deepest I ever hit something.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo Bud View Post
    I think Mythbusters had a segment about bullet travel in water. Canít remember the results. Iím sure itís different than an arrow though.
    I saw that. I can say the results and reasoning were different than expected. Good show.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford