Advertise on SCONSouthern Junkey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Outdoornews Forum

Default SC Outdoornews Forum

What would you like to see more of or less of on the forums, anything that would make the forums more enjoyable?
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

Quote Originally Posted by deerman View Post
    What would you like to see more of or less of on the forums, anything that would make the forums more enjoyable?
    More pictures. I like the pictures showing the areas hunted or fished as well as the game. Thanks to those who share.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Personally, I think that some of the MODS are quick to jump the gun. I've lost a lot of interest in this site due to the "everyone must get along" mentality. There are going to be "arguments" whenever you get a bunch of people together, period. That doesn't mean at the end of the day we aren't friends.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Personally, I think that some of the MODS are quick to jump the gun. I've lost a lot of interest in this site due to the "everyone must get along" mentality. There are going to be "arguments" whenever you get a bunch of people together, period. That doesn't mean at the end of the day we aren't friends.
    I kind of feel the opposite, I don't think they come in soon enough in any case. I don't have an issue with someone's opinion if it's different than mine...it makes a healthy environment. Debate my opinion, rather than belittle, call names, or flat out cross a line.
    Yippee Ki Yay

yeah, but some carry it to the extreme and refuse to listen to other opinions. that is what happened to the old scdnr forum.

Quote Originally Posted by heart transplantbill View Post
    yeah, but some carry it to the extreme and refuse to listen to other opinions. that is what happened to the old scdnr forum.
    Hard to say what is the right touch. Our mods donít dwell to heavily. When the profanity get to swelling it is time to calls thinks down. Generally not to biased either.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I personally think the mods do a pretty good job. That’s the biggest reason why I’m on this forum and none of the others. You can debate and give your opinion, but most people aren’t jerks

Love to see pictures also but I think that a lot of people do not post because of criticism (that deer is small should have let him walk ect.) I don't recall any dog hunting photos for the same reason that a lot of people don't like dog hunting and blast them. I'm not sure of intent but I guess I should have let shrimp grow another year!!

Quote Originally Posted by oledad View Post
    Love to see pictures also but I think that a lot of people do not post because of criticism (that deer is small should have let him walk ect.) I don't recall any dog hunting photos for the same reason that a lot of people don't like dog hunting and blast them. I'm not sure of intent but I guess I should have let shrimp grow another year!!
    Now I will say that this kind of stuff isn't tolerated here and I'm glad of it.

Hello. Yes? Iíd like to buy an argument.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDXg2D9cElg
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

I like the forums as they are. Folks need to understand that moderating an online forum is a balancing act and it takes an administrator/owner with some good judgment to select the right moderators to help him run his forums. They need to understand exactly what he needs to keep the site maintained in the way he wants it.

As far as pictures are concerned, I think they add to the experience of visiting the forums. Nothing is better than photos that support the story being told or subject being discussed.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I like reading the stories of fish caught or deer killed................along with the pics.

I also like pictures, but despise these little thumbnail pics that are predominantly shown here. The photo link process could definitely use some improvement.....and that's why I prefer to use Imgur when I post pics.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    I also like pictures, but despise these little thumbnail pics that are predominantly shown here. The photo link process could definitely use some improvement.....and that's why I prefer to use Imgur when I post pics.
    this pic was posted using the photo link process, is this too small, it could just be some pictures are just sized two small before they post here - click the pic to see if it is too small

25468.jpg
    Last edited by deerman; 06-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

All the pics viewed on Taptalk are the right size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by deerman View Post
    this pic was posted using the photo link process, is this too small, it could just be some pictures are just sized two small before they post here - click the pic to see if it is too small
    was the original pic save in a medium size format? It looks good when I click it.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    was the original pic save in a medium size format? It looks good when I click it.
    Not sure, I just know that if your pic it too small it will be small when you post it

SPONSOR

when I post pictures it always resizes the photo before I can post it.
    Henry Ford

When deerman's pic is opened by clicking on it, then it's much better; but most of the pics posted won't open anywhere near that size. Also, if people use Youtube or Yahoo to post most of 'em won't open at all, which is probably due to my adblocker, UB Block, and NoScript programs.

Imgur allows me to post in much the same manner as the old photobucket and tinypics applications worked since they have sizing processes that allow the maximum allowable format for most internet sites, without having to post a postage stamp which requires the user to click on 'em in order to view 'em. The picture link on this site requires sizing of photos to fit within the site's existing parameters and those simply create problems for most people, so they don't bother posting their pics.

Evidently a lot of the guys use their cell phones instead of an actual computer, so that probably is the single largest factor involved in the sorry quality of picture size and clarity once they're opened up..........if they can be opened at all! But, that's just a personal problem I have and not necessarily one that affects everyone else.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I have not had any of these problems opening pictures, but I do not use adblocker, UB Block, and NoScript programs that I know of.

I don’t post a lot of picture but most are from cell phone pic. The digital camera picture are much easier to handle. I am kinda dumb to all the photo bucket and other Media. I don’t post pictures from the cell phone or iPad. I usually down load to the desktop and post it form there. Mobile media sucks to me.
    Henry Ford

This Kyocera flip phone I have doesn't use a mini-SD card like my previous phone, so in order to get pictures to my computer I have to send myself an e-mail through the text message function...........which is so convoluted that I can't remember how without getting the owner's manual which has to be downloaded to a PDF file!!!!!!! Needless to say, I don't use my cell phone to take pictures and besides I don't have any of the apps for the internet on it anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I donít post a lot of picture but most are from cell phone pic. The digital camera picture are much easier to handle. I am kinda dumb to all the photo bucket and other Media. I donít post pictures from the cell phone or iPad. I usually down load to the desktop and post it form there. Mobile media sucks to me.
    With tapatalk it takes for selections to post a picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

I take the cell phone picture and down load to the computer with the data connection on the phone. You don't need a SD card to down load but you could go that route. The charging cord connected to USB will transfer. The fewer transfers you make the less chance of some conversion messing up the proportions of the picture.
    Henry Ford

I've tried using the charging cord as a USB connector, but do not get a download or share menu on this f'en Kyocera flip phone!

Once you plug it in you should see the phone listed on the devises page on you computer. You should be able top select everything on the computer from that point. Select the phone and it is a little different with every phone at that point. You should see some kind of pix folder or media file. Phone needs to be on and password entered if it has one.
    Henry Ford

Iím still new to hunting deer, ducks and turkeys (albeit unsuccessful so far on public lands) and I pick up a lot from the first hand accounts of successful hunters. The pictures are fine too. The three years Iíve been following this forum have continued to motivate me to learn and keep trying.

On the other hand, I donít follow the SCDucks forum anymore because of the hatefulness towards new people asking questions the wrong way. Thereís also too much cliques and insider-talk there, so I loose interest quickly. I spent 27 years in the military and can cuss up a storm toe to toe with anyone on that forum - I appreciate what the mods do here to keep the civility.

I would like to get updates from DNR or NFS staff about road closures, timber thinning or fires, or campground problems etc.. I donít see that as a responsibility of the MODS, but maybe reach out to those agencies to see if they would volunteer posting public information like that to a section here. Iím guessing they may not want to take questions here, so it may need to be restricted from replies. They seem to have comm people on Facebook now, so why not here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCDNR has an option on their site where you can elect to receive updates sent to your e-mail. Most of 'em pertain to public lands and rules changes such as the one just this week about redfish. I don't hunt public lands, but do subscribe to the service just so I can stay aware of what's going on within the department and how their information may relate to something of interest. BTW, those e-mails do have information about road closures and other factors that may have any type of influence on those who do use public lands. I believe the NFS also has something similar available on their site, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcolmac View Post
    I’m still new to hunting deer, ducks and turkeys (albeit unsuccessful so far on public lands) and I pick up a lot from the first hand accounts of successful hunters. The pictures are fine too. The three years I’ve been following this forum have continued to motivate me to learn and keep trying.

On the other hand, I don’t follow the SCDucks forum anymore because of the hatefulness towards new people asking questions the wrong way. There’s also too much cliques and insider-talk there, so I loose interest quickly. I spent 27 years in the military and can cuss up a storm toe to toe with anyone on that forum - I appreciate what the mods do here to keep the civility.

I would like to get updates from DNR or NFS staff about road closures, timber thinning or fires, or campground problems etc.. I don’t see that as a responsibility of the MODS, but maybe reach out to those agencies to see if they would volunteer posting public information like that to a section here. I’m guessing they may not want to take questions here, so it may need to be restricted from replies. They seem to have comm people on Facebook now, so why not here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree that sometimes the idiots over on SCducks can get to be a little much, however there are a lot of good people over there. It's just like any "boys group" you have to find your place. Once they see that you aren't a cyber scouter they will welcome you.

There used to be a DNR talk forum, but someone got their butt hurt and complained so they shut it down. I've noticed that they put a lot of information on their FB. Also, if you want to talk to Charles Ruth about deer hunting, he's always been pretty easy to get ahold of whenever I've tried.

The DNR forum, boy the fun that was had there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast