Advertise on SCONSouthern Junkey

Thread: Prayers appreciated if you got a moment.

Default Prayers appreciated if you got a moment.

Yesterday my wife of 42 years had an MRI on her head due to rapid loss of hearing in her left ear over the past couple of years. The doctors suspect a benign tumor of some sort but even if benign the surgery to remove it is sometimes very difficult and risky. She's been much stronger than I am in this situation.

This morning I get my replacement shoulder checked as I have been having increasing pain levels for the past few weeks and am a bit worried that the joint might be failing. I hope to have good news in a few hours on my issue.

Thank you.

Bill
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I sent a angelmail for you.

Prayers and best to you and your wife.

Prayers sent to you & yours -- hope you both get better soon **

You have it my friend.

Let God be with you. They are on the way.

How is the shoulder Bill. Best wishes for you and the Mrs.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

prayers sent from Seneca

After new X-rays yesterday morning the good news for me is that nothing has changed significantly since the last pictures taken a year and a half ago. Dr. Romanowski said the shoulder was badly inflamed and reminded me that my reverse arthroplasty was not designed for younger, active people (like me at 61??) but more for 80 year olds that needed the replacement to allow them some sort of arm use. It was never intended to be used as much as I have been using mine. Riding motorcycles, jogging (which I do not do), bicycles, etc. transmit too many vibrations and stimulates too much muscle activity for the joint to support and last as long as I need it to last.
    So, it looks like I may be selling my motorcycles and bicycles soon and just sticking to work and deer hunting. I can adapt but will hate giving up my bikes. I will keep my 16' kayak and possibly adapt it to run a kayak trolling motor. Gotta fish too, right?
    Shooting is okay as long as it is done with the foreign feeling left arm or stick to handguns. He said it may take my shoulder a couple of months to settle down but to be very easy on it as there is no further work they can do for my shoulder.

Guys, I'm not harping on any of you but if you are still hunting out of elevated tree stands without safety equipment to guarantee in the case of a fall you will not hit the ground you need to go find the thread about my fall, read it all and accept you don't want to go through what I've gone through for the past three and a half years. It's not worth it.

My wife's test results are not back yet and we figure the longer they take to get back to us the better.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, they are sincerely appreciated.

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

We got great news yesterday afternoon as my wife's brain scans came back negative. She will be needing a hearing aid for her left ear however but I told her that was just her age kicking in.

What a relief! Praise the Lord!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Great news. Prayers do work