Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Info for Mrytle Beach State Park fishing

Default Info for Mrytle Beach State Park fishing

My family is heading to Myrtle Beach State Park the week of July 4th. I'm planning on fishing but I'm not familiar with beach fishing. I've done plenty of fishing on the inter coastal in Florida where I'm from but not beach or pier. What's the best lure or live bait? Surf or pier fishing? Thanks for the help!!

A fresh shrimp right behind the breakers on the incoming tide while standing in the surf...
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Hike up to south jetty, lot of people make the trek to fish the mouth of the inlet. It's paved, you can walk all the way to the end. Its good site seeing too. SORRY, I had Huntington Beach State Park on my mind, that's where the jetty is. MB state park does have a pier though.
    Last edited by chuckster1; 06-19-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: wrong park in mind, sorry.

I grew up fishing that pier. If i had a dollar for every fish i have had on that pier. I would be rich!!!! If your lucky enough to get the end right before the kingfishers get there. Thats your best bet. Theres a sand bar out there that holds fish. Flounder and drum. I caught my first king. Dragging a menhaden across that hump for flounder. Keep in mide. That hump holds fish. And people are not the only ones who knows More times than i can count i have been playing a fish on that hump and him get eaten. But get there early and have fun. Cause she gonna be crowded

- - - Updated - - -

Also stand in same spot at throw a 1 ounce chrome rattle trap out and let it hit bottom and jerk up. And repeat

What's the best bait to use and where do I live bait around there?

You can always go to parry’s or garden city. Parrys may be closed. Garden city bait and tackle. There is a small inlet were a creek comes down beside the pier. Its loaded with eels. They will catch anything in salt water. I would drag. Muds or mullet if you cant get menhedan You can also drag small spots or pin fish