Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Same Song Second Verse

Default Same Song Second Verse

Did some work in the dove field today. Cleaned areas between corn and flowers with be disc/raked and top sowed with wheat on 10-01. Most flowers are already open. Diidnt get a good stand on the south end of the field. Been getting a rain storm almost every night. Corn maturing nicely. Bush hogged the flowers last year after they died. Did OK. However once I burned them I pulled in migratory birds till after the season went out.
    Last year I used tape/soap and hair to repel the deer. had about 1/2 mi. of post/tape around the field. Pulled all that out and just used Zest soap and human hair. I put the hair in a tub and grated the soap with a kitchen grater and added it to the hair. Added water and mixed with a 4 prong rake. Using an elbow length glove I threw it all over when the flowers came up. Have added it twice since. = NO deer damage at all! Gonna use it on my corn when it dries too. The deer will give it a fit while its dry and on the stalk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Happy Kaboomer; 06-25-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Sunflowers are starting to wilt with full heads. Flushed about 40 out of the field late this evening. They are starting to come!

Man o man. Looks fun. My wheat fields are just to dry. They are late

if any of yall need a shooter hit me up