Advertise on SCONAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Buckshot Stands

Default Buckshot Stands

Looks like these guys are making an other run at getting up and going. Taking orders.

BuckShot Manufacturing Llc
    PO Box 7157
    Wilmington, NC 28406
    910-251-0411
    Sales@BuckShotMfg.com
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

The buckshot "face the tree" all steel with....NO....cables are my favorite climbers. Many-Many-Many deer have meet their conclusion from mine.........I hate/can't stand/abhor/don't like climbers with cables. I just bought a third old buckshot at a yard sale and rebuilt it.....I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    The buckshot "face the tree" all steel with....NO....cables are my favorite climbers. Many-Many-Many deer have meet their conclusion from mine.........I hate/can't stand/abhor/don't like climbers with cables. I just bought a third old buckshot at a yard sale and rebuilt it.....I'm happy!

Those were my favorite, until a I got an aluminum model of the same design which weights 6 pound less...
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Those were my favorite, until a I got an aluminum model of the same design which weights 6 pound less...
    Mine is aluminum never saw a steel one.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Mine is aluminum never saw a steel one.
    Had two steel ones, made from round tubing. Used one up till about 4 year ago. Like the aluminum one SO much better...

I probably have seen them if round tubing and didn’t know what the brand was. I have only owned two climbers and both are aluminum. One of thing for sure the buckshot is a good one IMO.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I probably have seen them if round tubing and didn’t know what the brand was. I have only owned two climbers and both are aluminum. One of thing for sure the buckshot is a good one IMO.
    The one I have is sold by Austin Treestands, it's a copy of the Buckshot. It is a little longer which gives you about 6 inches of more room between you and the tree.

I only have one of the aluminum ones now...buy plan to get another for my Daughter.

I need a new climber, was looking at a treewalker but may have to go with the old tried and true buckshot

Another great thing about the buckshot is NO TOE straps to fiddle with/have squirrels eat "em"/rot etc.. Just kick your toes out under the side braces and away you go!

I did away with the rope cinches they used to hold the the two sections together when you pack it up. I used the thick black rubber tie down straps. Mine has expanded metal foot platform so it is easy to hook. Some have a slat platoform. Also worth note are the gun holder from Buckshot that clamps to the arms, if still available.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Tiller Ridge View Post
    I need a new climber, was looking at a treewalker but may have to go with the old tried and true buckshot

Buddy of mine has a Tree Walker. It has large screw type teeth to grip the tree...after climbing a pine a couple of times with it the sap from all the holes in the tree is a mess.

My son uses a tree walker and loves it. It is very steady and secure . The large screws really bite into a tree.

Most all climbers make a mess on a pine tree if you climb it a couple times. Seen a couple trees killed they were climbed so many time. Anyone ever got chastised about damaging trees with a climber.
    Henry Ford

I like how you can face or lean against the tree. I know buckshots have a great reputation. Ive sat in one a time or two.