Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Going to go with a Wicked Ridge Invader X4 by Tenpoint.

Default Going to go with a Wicked Ridge Invader X4 by Tenpoint.

I've been wanting a crossbow since I lost the ability to shoot regular bows after my shoulder injury and had been considering a Barnett Raptor reverse crossbow until I read of the problems with them. They have subsequently been discontinued and another much more expensive bow has taken it's place. I preferred the reverse configuration due to it's more compact length, but now all of them are pretty much out of my price range.

So, I have decided to order the Wicked Ridge Invader X4 instead. It is nearly as light at 6.3 lbs and can be ordered in a package that includes their acu draw crank system that I must have in order to cock the string. It's quite a bit longer and somewhat wider than the Barnett and newer reverse bows but should suit my needs at a price of $670.

I'll post a report and more when I receive it.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I actually went with the Invader G3. Got it Saturday, set it up and was having a blast with it yesterday afternoon from my front porch shooting it at 20 yards. The scope was tight and sighted in perfectly. I have had to make a single adjustment to it so far.

This was my first 3 shots at 20 yards. Of course I was shooting at three different dots to keep from tearing up my brand new bolts.
    The acudraw system makes it possible to cock without stressing my artificial shoulder and there is no recoil to harm it either. This season will be the first archery season I have hunted since 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Glad to hear that you are adapting and overcoming the shoulder issue! I wore out my first shoulder replacement and that will have to be replaced when I can't handle the pain any longer. The 3 bolt grouping looks great. I would be interested to know what kind of accuracy and penetration could be expected, say out to 40 - 50 yards? Past that I'll use my '06.

The bolts bury 10" deep in that solid foam target at 20 yards, so I'd expect pass throughs on almost any hit out to at least 40. I hope to be able to let you know in September!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Looks good enough to kill 'em. I got a new anatomical titanium left shoulder last summer and hunted with an xbow and used a crank cocker that helped me a lot. I didn't have the full strength back to vertical bow hunt till nearly the end of the season.
    Gotta adapt and keep hunting, I "only" killed one doe last year on the very last day right at last light. Good luck with that new weapon glad you found a way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk