Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Edislow Beach

Default Edislow Beach

Going to Edisto next week. I'm planning to do a little surf fishing. Has anyone been catching anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Headdigger View Post
    Going to Edisto next week. I'm planning to do a little surf fishing. Has anyone been catching anything?
    it's been slow on that end of the ICW, some sharks are being caught though

Not a good time of the year for surf fishing. The fall is the best time. Oct
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Thanks guys. The family decided that they wanted to spend a week at Edisto following my daughter's orientation at College of Charleston. This is not the time of year that I would normally plan a beach trip. I'm going to try for Pompano or anything else that will bite. How about flounder gigging around the point at night?

Fishing was slow this am. I hooked a small redfish fishing with mole crabs but he came off before I could get him on the beach. Something is stealing the mole crabs off of the hook within a few minutes of casting out. I'm going to fish this PM and possibly go gigging tonight.

Hey Headdigger, congrats on your daughter's college orientation. Edisto is a great place even if the fish aren't biting.. Head up towards Jeremy's Inlet, maybe some flounder. Good luck.!

The fishing was very slow. Fished the surf around 16 and the inlet around 31. We only caught one more medium sized Whiting. We tried the fishing pier at Steamboat Landing. We couldn't keep bait on the hook, or detect a bite. This is the first time that I can remember taking a vacation at the beach in July. I'll plan the next one around times of the year that the fishing is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Headdigger View Post
    The fishing was very slow. Fished the surf around 16 and the inlet around 31. We only caught one more medium sized Whiting. We tried the fishing pier at Steamboat Landing. We couldn't keep bait on the hook, or detect a bite. This is the first time that I can remember taking a vacation at the beach in July. I'll plan the next one around times of the year that the fishing is better.
    Good luck on that Headdigger, never works for me. I always get over ruled. Family wants to go when the water is nice. What is nice water for fish and people are two different things.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford