Advertise on SCONSwamp Boogers

Thread: The Power of Praying for Someone Else

Default The Power of Praying for Someone Else

The Power of Praying for Someone Else

Tucked away in the 19th chapter of Genesis is an incredible example of the power of intercessory prayer (or praying for others). Hereís the verse.

But God had listened to Abrahamís request and kept Lot safe, removing him from the disaster that engulfed the cities on the plain. - Genesis 19:29 (NLT)

The short version of the story is that God tells Abraham he is about to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of the incredible wickedness in these cities. Abraham knew his nephew lived in the city and began a negotiation to delay the destruction. In the end, God sends angels to remove Lot and his family before the destruction begins.

In verse 16, the angels tell Lot to flee from the city. When he hesitates, they grab them by the hands and lead the family out of the city. The angels make sure they are out of the city before fire is rained down from heaven.

God saved Lot, his wife and two daughters not because of their obedience or righteousness, but because of the prayers of Abraham. Because Abraham interceded on behalf of his nephew, God spared him from destruction.

If you are praying for someone today, I encourage you to keep praying. Your prayers may be the very thing that brings about the victory. You may be praying for a wayward child or family member. You may be praying for an unfaithful husband or wife; your prayers may be the very thing that saves them from destruction.

Take a moment and pray specifically for that person or family member you know needs to come to Christ, or come back to Christ. Letís agree together for their protection and repentance. Letís pray for God to do a work in their life today.

Billy Taylor
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

I agree with you that it is great to pray for others and they pray for you, 2.5 years with cancer and still going strong from God's blessing from prayer and Love.
    Terry Reid USNR

Agreed and I pray for others every day I think. Thanks for that reminder.

praying Egales.jpg

Everyone need help daily to make it