Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions

Thread: North Santee 09/08

Default North Santee 09/08

After 3 years of waiting, finally drew a tag. I got Pee Dee, which wasn't my first choice because I don't know the area at all. Put in at Pole Yard boat ramp around 3:30 and headed slowly towards the coast. Didn't see any gators until it was dark, then they were everywhere. There were also quite a few hunters out too. The problem I had is that we saw about 50 gators but they were only in the 4-6 ft range. We spent the whole night stalking multiple gators just to find out they were small when we got close. Does anyone know where the big gators like to hangout in the Pee Dee section or have any tips as to finding bigger gators?

Quote Originally Posted by MurseHunter View Post
    After 3 years of waiting, finally drew a tag. I got Pee Dee, which wasn't my first choice because I don't know the area at all. Put in at Pole Yard boat ramp around 3:30 and headed slowly towards the coast. Didn't see any gators until it was dark, then they were everywhere. There were also quite a few hunters out too. The problem I had is that we saw about 50 gators but they were only in the 4-6 ft range. We spent the whole night stalking multiple gators just to find out they were small when we got close. Does anyone know where the big gators like to hangout in the Pee Dee section or have any tips as to finding bigger gators?
    Not an expert by anymeans. But what i have found is find and area that looks good for big gators. And wait be very patient

A5GATOR.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Not an expert by anymeans. But what i have found is find and area that looks good for big gators. And wait be very patient
    I've always steadily travel and shine until I find the size i want. I think sitting in one place is counter productive and wasting time. Gators don't move a great distance during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutdoo View Post
    A5GATOR.jpg

I've always steadily travel and shine until I find the size i want. I think sitting in one place is counter productive and wasting time. Gators don't move a great distance during that time.
    I was only saying do this in an area i know there was a big gator .