Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermySwamp Boogers

Thread: DNR problems

Default DNR problems

Do not ever use snail mail to try and renew your license.Mailed 8-13-2018 check was turned in still no license.I know everyone will say to do by email but I don't want to spend the added fee! I would contact someone to complain but don't know who to contact.

That’s terrible. I don’t blame you for not wanting to pay extra. I still pay my bills by check and snail mail. I don’t do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that crap.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

Order early.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I'm having same problem. I mailed a check for couple extra doe tags on Aug. 14th and I have not seen anything yet..

Why not go to Walmart or dozens of other places and buy your license across the counter like thousands of us do?

Wow, it cost a whole $3.00 to apply via the internet!!!!!!!!! The simplicity alone is worth that.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Why not go to Walmart or dozens of other places and buy your license across the counter like thousands of us do?
    Because you cannot buy deer tags across the counter. They must come from Columbia as they are printed with your numbers and information.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    Wow, it cost a whole $3.00 to apply via the internet!!!!!!!!! The simplicity alone is worth that.
    ^^^This^^^
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

That is why it is called a convenience fee lol you can get your tags in a few days, or in a few weeks, you pay for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Because you cannot buy deer tags across the counter. They must come from Columbia as they are printed with your numbers and information.
    He said license........Not tags.

True, but I figured tags too as it was in the deer hunting section.
    Henry Ford

you can purchase additional doe tags at any DNR office in the state. They print them while you wait. They can also print duplicate license if needed.
    CARPE DIEM

It is the principle of paying a fee.I will give you my email address and you can paypal me the fees! I sent the check a month early tried to get license & doe tag at same time. Banjo Bud gets IT!

Yes. I totally get it. People just “go along” without realizing how much they pay for everything. We had a bill that had a bogus 10 cent charge on it. Called and they said “oh, sorry. We’ll take that off”. Yeah thanks. And how many people DIDN’T call? A million people at 10 cents is $100,000!!! Not only that, but ordering electronically should be CHEAPER, not more expensive. It seems to me it takes more work to open an envelope and deal with a paper order form and real paper check than to open an email. I thought computers were supposed to make things easier not harder. (And here I am posting from an iPhone while complaining about technology. Lol)
    They charge you because they know you’ll pay it without complaining, not because it costs them more.
    Last edited by Banjo Bud; 09-14-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

The "convenience" fee has more to do with the cost of processing an online debit payment than with the labor involved. Processing actual checks is much more labor intensive but banks charge a lower fee for handling those in a deposit than what the FED charges for ACH transfers and credit card fees.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

My wife & I went to DNR office in Clemson got it fixed in 15 mins.We went to eat at Paws Dinner on 123 great place for meat & three

The "convenience" fee has more to do with the cost of processing an online debit payment than with the labor involved. Processing actual checks is much more labor intensive but banks charge a lower fee for handling those in a deposit than what the FED charges for ACH transfers and credit card fees.
    Again...^^^This^^^

Just because some choose to pay said fee doesn't mean they're just "going along without realizing what the pay for everything." To say ordering electronically "should be cheaper" clearly illustrates one's lack of connection with reality. Just because something is convenient for the customer doesn't mean it's cheaper for the provider and it also doesn't mean there's some sort of conspiracy to get your last dollar. Computers do make things easier but if you'd crack open a Webster's dictionary you'd realize "easier" has no correlation with "cheaper." Two totally different words.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Convience fee? You do realize it cost 3 to 4 perecent to process your credit card. It is not free and a real cost to DNR. I do most all license renewal online if possible. Commercial vehicle tags used to not renew online and a pain, either had to mail in of go to tag office, a real nightmare. I usually don’t say this but license of any kind online is now my go to and an online deal for me. Online is not always bad. I can buy my license online in the middle of the night and hunt the next morning.
    Henry Ford

I purchased a saltwater licenses at 4am this year it was worth $3. If used the the USPS and checks accept the slow service and iffy they provide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Apparently some aren't comfortable with the witchcraft that is the Interwebs.

all that I understand from this thread is that ---there are gripers and there are people who understand the system---so go figger.

Quote Originally Posted by cdhunt View Post
    all that I understand from this thread is that ---there are gripers and there are people who understand the system---so go figger.
    x2.........

I always go to the local DNR office and pick up my tags at the same time I get all of my licenses.

That is a two hour ride for me, one way.
    Henry Ford